Friday, August 18, 2006

Found a home...ok, a place to sleep

Monday, we finally found a place for me to live. It isn't too bad, but it sure isn't home. The apartment is about 10-15 minutes from the base, so I can't complain too much. Some have to drive a lot further than I do. The apartment is a pretty large two bedroom, one bath setup. It is definitely more room than I need, but you have to take what you can get. There is also a pool in the apartment complex, but is looks a little sketchy. Although since every day is over 100 degrees, I am sure I won't let that stop me. We raided the local thrift store for furniture and Wally World for TV stands, desks, etc. It is like starting over once again. Spent a lot of money on things I probably won't be able to give away in a year and a half. Oh well, that is how it goes.

I have a spare room for anyone that wants to take a little trip to Texas. We can go to Mexico (three miles from here), go to the lake, or San Antonio. You just come and I will be your tour guide...hint, hint...somebody better come see me. Especially since it seems everyone forgot my phone number the day I left. Thanks a lot people for all the calls...all two of them. The cable company has called me more than people from home.

1 Comments:

At Sunday, August 20, 2006 10:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay, watch out for phone calls. I thought since Candi was there and I had no idea about your schedule. . . but if you're going to grouse about it we can keep Verizon voice mail in business.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home