Saturday, May 08, 2010

Flying High...Again

Well, I finally got back at the controls of an aircraft after a 14 month layoff...and it sure didn't show. I looked like I was an old pro at it! And by it, I mean THROWING UP!!!!!!!!!! As I mentioned last week, I got to take a ride in the back seat on Monday. I did fine for the first third of the ride, but then the scenery changed. I quit looking outside and started staring at the inside of my Hefty bag. I thought I would start seeing the seat cushion because I was pulling up everything inside me and then some. I then had my first flight (of me flying) on Wednesday and I was prepared. Below are my supplies (minus prayers) that helped me NOT PUKE! I actually forgot to put my stupid little wrist things on, but it worked out.
The flight, followed by one on Thursday and one on Friday went the same...NO PUKING! The flights themselves are very fast. I am so behind on everything, that when the jet lands, it is about thirty minutes before I finally do. Things come so quick when you are going that fast. Imagine, one of the the slowest times we have is when we are coming in to land...and we are covering a football field every second. No wonder I feel like I am hanging on to the tail of the jet as it flies. It is a lot of fun to fly, with the hardest part being the landings. I am use to landing a big C-130 and this thing you have to fly right down to where you think you are going to literally go through the ground. If you don't know much about flying, it is hard to explain. Just know, I am doing a horrible job at landing it, as proof by the whimpering and sobbing coming from the back seat. The landings are getting better, but the instructors in the back still have a high pucker factor. Here are some pictures of the jet:

You taxi and do everything (except fly) with the canopies open. The air conditioner works as well as me taking my hand and fanning myself at low speeds/altitudes.

See how small the tires and landing gear are? Yep, I am stressing them right to the engineering limit!
This picture is identical to the ride I had Monday. I looked over and thought, I have seen this exact picture before...it has been on my phone and computer for months. I called it motivation.

Everything else is going well here. It is already starting to get Africa hot and we are still not even into summer. I am a bit scared that someone as sweet as me might melt in this heat. Ok, that was a bit much, but just know it is flippin hot here!
Candi is doing well baby sitting our small petting zoo, although she hasn't figured out how to keep Jaxson from eating the wooden fence. We are seriously three pieces less than when we moved in. These pieces are eight foot long 1"x4" that have all been digested by our puppy. Not to get gross on you, but I am pretty sure you could use his poop as kindling for a fire. Now that I have stooped as low as to describe my dog's bowel movements, I should go. SEE YA!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home