Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Still Training

Well, just when I thought it was over...I am back in training. I am at Fairchild AFB for some additional Code of Conduct training. Don't ask me what it is about because I can't say, but it is very interesting. I have been here since Sunday and will be here for a week.

Prior to coming, I was able to squeak in a couple flights. After a week of getting in processed, I finally was able to fly. I flew a local "pro" which is just takeoffs and landings at a local airfield. Then I flew a "Tac" line, which is a low level. I also flew a x-country to Cheyenne, WY to pick up a jet. I got to fly the whole sortie and it was pretty cool. I have a few more flights the week I get back to the squadron and then I am off the training status. After that I can fly with any AC (aircraft commander) and do any sort of mission and not be considered in training.

I apologize for this being short, but I don't have a ton of time. I will write more when I get back and have some more flying stories to tell. Right now all my stories are classified SECRET and I would have to kill you if I told you...and I don't have enough friends to do that!

1 Comments:

At Monday, June 09, 2008 6:41:00 PM, Blogger Travis said...

You know, it'd be nice to fly a fastmover that can get you going real distances! Us rotorcraft people just don't do distances very often! I am flying over to Albany, GA, tomorrow, but even that's a real short trip.

Enjoy your time at Fairchild!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home