Sunday, March 23, 2008

Academics Are Over

A sad chapter to this training has ended. I have turned the page in this book called life and moved to the next chapter after the academics/simulator chapter. Ok, enough of this book thing because I don't know anything about that subject. I do know that we crammed two weeks of activities into one week and ended a week early. All that means is that we are on to the flight line a week early, which won't be bad if my mother wasn't here. We had three final SKE simulators and a end of course test this past week to usher out this phase. Now we will do it for real in the actual airplane. I am looking forward to it, but I know it is a lot of work and long days...that usually start around 4:30 in the AM...YIKES!

As I mentioned earlier, my mother is in town. She is on spring break and we were looking forward to a bunch of activities with the time off that we were suppose to get...then the training people changed their minds. Now, we will probably have something to do everyday, but we won't know our schedule until the afternoon before and that makes it pretty tough to plan around. We wanted to go to Hot Springs, Memphis, and Eureka Springs, but we will have to see if the schedule will permit me to go along.

We all went to church on Easter and learned that the day was not just about bunnies and eggs. Afterwards we took a picture to show how pretty we are...

The picture left to right is: my mother (Judene), me (Jeremy), my mustache (Carl the Caterpillar), our dog (Zoe), and my wife (Candi). Zoe forgot her Easter dress and showed up naked for the photo shoot.

Other than that, not much more to say! I give up on making you all leave me comments. My only hope is that you give me a little more attention when I get home or I will have to find all new friends...and this time I will pick good ones.

3 Comments:

At Sunday, March 23, 2008 6:59:00 PM, Blogger Travis said...

Congrats! Have fun in the real thing now! Are your trainers civilian contractors, or AF?

 
At Tuesday, March 25, 2008 3:36:00 PM, Blogger Mandy Nelson said...

Candi & your mom look nice...Carl is...scary....

 
At Friday, March 28, 2008 12:42:00 PM, Blogger Travis said...

Most academic instructors have been civilian, and all IPs have been. Learning the Blackhawk, however, I'll have mostly military IPs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home