Sunday, April 27, 2008

Getting Something Done

What a difference a week can make. I flew three days, had ground training on the fourth day, and had a mandatory sports day on the fifth day. Now that is what I call a busy week...in comparison to the previous week. I should be about five days of doing something away from getting out of this hick state.

The flying on NVG's is pretty cool, except for when it is time to land. The lack of depth perception makes for some firm landings. I am fairly sure that I compressed the spines of everyone on board during one of my landings. The goggles help you see like it is almost day light, but if there are a lot of lights around, everything starts to look like one big light and you lose detail.
We are starting to think we may get to leave this place soon and we are definitely ready. If everything goes well, I could be one or two rides away from graduation by this time next week. Not that I am ready to leave, but I am! It has been nice, but after coming from the beach to this...well, not exactly icing on the cake. We are looking forward to normal, non-overall wearing people. You think I am exaggerating (as if I have ever done that), but I am not. In fact, we were in Lowe's looking at carpet and paint for our Boise house and we saw two of these beauties...AND THEY WEREN'T TOGETHER!

Yes, those are irrigation boots with normal shorts and the Arkansas standard...sleeveless shirt. We found out that the Sleeve Monster lives in the South and it has a very large appetite.

Lastly, Happy Birthday again to my mother. 58 is only a little over 8 years old in dog years. Also, to my aunts Betty and Carol, my grandpa, and everyone else in my family that had a birthday in that calendar grouping. Sorry we missed the festivities, but we will be back to enjoy the summer ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home