Sunday, April 03, 2011

Trying Times

All is not well down here in 95 degree, first couple of days in April, land. The flying hasn't been going well for me and I am taking a flight tomorrow to determine my future. Not to be a downer or anything, but I am about as low as I ever have been. I have really been working hard and studying, but with no (good) results. I am completely stressed out and look like an eighth grade boy will all my stress induced acne. Your thoughts & prayers would be much appreciated- tomorrow especially.

On the good news side, Mustache March is over and I was able to finally shave my caterpillar. I even won one of the three awards that our class gave out for growing them. Jarrett tried to win, too.

Speaking of JJ, we have really lowered the boom, now that he is over four months old. He needs to be reading at a third grade level by the end of his sixth month or he will get a whoopin'! If I hadn't have spent his college fund on some gummy bears, it wouldn't be such a big deal.

As I mentioned, the flying has been ridiculously difficult for me...and the others in my class. Unfortunately, I am leading the way in regards to failed flights. We have been having real early mornings, like having to be in by 4:00AM, but the next few weeks are going to be the complete opposite and we will be flying nights. Last week we got our "callsigns" and I got...(drum roll...)...


Don't look at the stressed out face or awesome mustache...look at the name tag (Spork). Apparently, because I used to fly C-130s (back in the good old days) and had a microwave on the plane, that I would always be found with a combined spoon and fork utensil. The naming took a long time to come up with stupid names for everyone. Most were arbitrary and made no sense.

I apologize for the lack of updates, but between not having good news to share and being so busy studying, I just put the blog on the back burner. NOT TO MENTION THAT NO ONE HAS COMMENTED IN AGES, leading me to believe it doesn't matter if I update this or not.

Candi is doing well and learning the definition of patience with JJ. She has started bottle feeding him and giving him rice cereal in hopes that he will sleep more at night. So far "hope" is as far as it has gotten.

5 Comments:

At Sunday, April 03, 2011 11:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I do love reading your "smart" comments and enjoy the pictures. It is my Sunday entertainment! Remember I am praying and will be praying tomorrow. Not one word of all His promises have failed, and He promises, "Fear not, I will help you." God will not be your copilot, but He will be your pilot. Give Him the controls and all your stresses and enjoy the ride.

 
At Monday, April 04, 2011 12:27:00 AM, Blogger Drowner Pro said...

Jeremy - I saw on fb that you updated your blog - and that reminded me to read it! It's been months, so I started back in February and updated myself. Looks like you've been having bright moments of fun and days & days of...unfun! Those long days of studying, with a wife & child, are horrible. I feel for you. Anyway, it's close to noon over here, but I reckon your Monday checkride is still hours away, so I'll pray for you! In fact, why don't you same-day-express the butterflies over here, and I'll put them in my stomach so you don't have them.

 
At Monday, April 04, 2011 3:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeremy,

We don't care if you fly an A-10 or a kite with JJ. We love you just the way you are !!

And don't you dare stop writing your blog. Good news (or bad) we love reading it.

Randy and Vita

 
At Saturday, April 09, 2011 9:17:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeremy, finally read your blog this morning. (I've been too busy admiring JJ's pics on Candi's blog.) Wow - your stress has got to be unbelievable. I'm sorry I didn't read this in time to be praying for your flight, but you'll definitely be in my thoughts & prayers this next week. Now we need an update to know how things are going currently!
Love ya,
Andi

 
At Sunday, April 10, 2011 4:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeremy, I just read your blog. (I was in California for a week.) Your mom shared your agony with me. I have been praying for you all along. I wanted to send you a e-message Friday, but my computer wouldn't let me send then or now. God is very much aware of your situation and He has a plan. I am praying for peace and direction for you. I have been very much concerned about your stress level. Not healthy! I am going to see about getting on facebook with you as I can send messages on it. Give Candi and JJ a hug from me. A. Betty

 

Post a Comment

<< Home