Sunday, January 16, 2011

Third Flight, Supercross, and a J-O-B

Not a lot to report this week. I had a few tests, a simulator, and a flight. They all went well and I continue to spend massive amounts of time studying and it still never seems to be enough.
Candi and I celebrated seven years of wedded bliss by watching Supercross (dirt motorcycle races) in Phoenix. I think we might have got a few people's "Worst Parents Awards" by taking a two month old to a very loud indoor event. In my defense, Jarrett asked to go to see all the chicks and I did make him wear hearing protection. We also used JJ to average our age so that we weren't too out of place since that is definitely a younger crowd. We were one of the few without tattoos, an energy drink shirt or hat, or holes in our clothes. I love watching it, but I hope Jarrett doesn't take up that sport more than just casual riding, because that is one expensive sport, not to mention dangerous! I guess if he only rides as fast as his dad, it isn't too dangerous and at slow speed, you can't jump high enough to kill yourself.
It was a good time and we did have fun. Candi spent a good part of the race in the bathroom, feeding Jarrett because he apparently doesn't like concession stand hotdogs.
The Supercross race really wasn't an anniversary celebration and we plan on doing something for that tomorrow night. The best thing to report is that Candi will be able to keep her job and work part-time from home, until we get back in June. This is a huge answer to prayer and we are so thankful that her work afforded her this opportunity...not to mention, I won't have to sell any of my motorcyles now.
Well, as I said at the beginning, I don't have a lot to say, so I will do what I did when I was in school and I needed more pages on my report...add pictures. The teachers never bought it, but maybe you will. And maybe if I would have had these cute of pictures instead of a few Far Side cartoons, my teacher would not have given me a poor grade.

Did it work or do I still have a bad grade? I also tried the repeat technique in school and I was actually able to stretch a 17 page paper to 20 and not get caught. Jarrett has really changed a lot this past week. He is smiling now and making a multitude of sounds, besides the normal WHAH-WHAH-WHAH. He is such a baby sometimes. Oh and the top picture of this group is where we were trying to figure out together what some big long, five letter word was. Turns out, that author doesn't like my picture technique and chooses words. I wonder how old JJ will be when he learns his father is illiterate?

3 Comments:

At Sunday, January 16, 2011 8:32:00 PM, Anonymous A. Betty said...

Loved the pictures!!!JJ has changed a lot since Christmas. Looks like he has grown and filled out a lot. Happy Anniversary tomorrow!!! Have fun!

 
At Sunday, January 16, 2011 11:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. He is sooooo cute. Of course grandma would think so. Happy 7th Anniversary and what makes it even better....you have Jarrett to help you celebrate! To have each other and a son is a huge blessing. Mother

 
At Monday, January 17, 2011 6:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversay you two! I love the pictures, JJ's turning into such a little man. His own looks, his own personality, what a cutie!
Love you all, Grandma Vita

 

Post a Comment

<< Home