Sunday, December 05, 2010

Back To School

Candi dressed me, gave me my backpack, told me not to eat the glue, and sent me back to school. It is ok, but I found out that on the first day I should know how this works! In addition, I was suppose to know everything else about the Hawg's electrical and hydraulic system. I have a lot to learn and the basic information seems to be a given and they are really trying to get on to the weapon systems...which, makes sense seeing how the only reason the Hawg exists is to "do the Lord's work" as the instructors say. That is killing bad guys if you aren't up on your A-10 driver lingo.
When I am not in class, I am spending time with Candi and JJ. I know most of you thought I would say the golf course, but I am trying to be a responsible father here. I have to admit it is hard though, when the temperature is in the 80s and there are over 30 golf courses within 30 miles!
Candi's mom left on Wednesday, so we had to figure things out on our own for the first time. It was a real blessing having her here and we miss all the help she gave us. However, we called in the backup and my mother will be here on Monday. She will only stay for a few days, but it will be nice to have a maid, cook, and...oh yeah, a babysitter, again. I am sure she will be like grandma Vita and not excited at all to be with her one and only grandson.

JJ continues to grow and do well. He weighed in on his two week appointment, Friday, at a whopping 7 pounds and 10 ounces. He can sleep through myself and Candi vacuuming all around him, but not through two hours at night.
Candi is doing real well. She is feeling fine and is even back to wearing her old clothes, which is pretty impressive, I think. I still can't fit into my clothes I wore nine months ago, I think she is just showing off.

We are trying to get back to our regular schedule...or at least a compromise to our old schedule. We went out to eat a few times this week and to church and he has been very good throughout each outing. We lug his car seat around everywhere now or we go all kangaroo and put him in a little pouch. He seems to like it and it looks more stylish than a fanny pack. However, we did take the whole family (two dogs and a kid) to the park this weekend and used the stroller for the first time. Note to self, don't tie up a 91 pound energetic puppy to the stroller unless you want to see your son go flying by at top dog running speed. JJ is pretty tough, I think he might be a rodeo star because he stayed in for over eight seconds.
Well, I better go because we have to kick the illegals aliens out of the house to make room for my mom, not to mention I still have to figure out what that first picture is! They gave me a hint and told me there were two of them on the jet and without them, it wouldn't fly. They look bigger and more complex than blinkers, but...

I have to include this last picture, since I think it is one of the best. I know it is on our Picasa website that you all can see (I won't give the address since I give it out more than those annoying credit report commercials), but I think it is worth showing multiple times. It is the cutest picture ever and if you think I am lying, just ask my mom or Candi's mom and I bet they will vouch for it!

1 Comments:

At Monday, December 06, 2010 3:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That by far the cutest picture ever!

Grandma Vita

 

Post a Comment

<< Home