Saturday, November 20, 2010

Just Another Boring Week

Well, not really anything to report...wait, there was something...let me think. I will go ask Candi what it was, but there was something I was going to report. Candi said it was probably THE BABY! Yes, that is right, we had our baby. I know most of you who read this, got an email or saw it on Facebook, but if not, Jarrett John is now a part of the Presley family.

God blessed us with JJ at 4:41 on Friday morning. He weighed in at 7 lbs., 1 ounce and 19 inches long. He is as healthy as he could be and Candi is, too!

Candi did really well with the whole thing, if you couldn't tell by how great she looks just minutes after JJ's birth.

The whole thing went quickly. Candi's water broke at 1:30am and she wasn't sure what just happened, so she got up and started reading about it. She started feeling some pains about 2:15 and that is when she decided that it must have been her water that broke and that she was now having contractions. At that point, she woke me up about 2:30. We decided to call the hospital and they told us to take our time since it was our first baby, but that we should come on in. Candi took a shower, fixed her hair, did her nails...ok, not the last one, but the others were true and she was taking her time. I started timing her contractions and they were only three to four minutes apart, so I was urging her to get going. She said that the contractions were only 45 seconds long, so they couldn't be the real deal. A few minutes later and she was doubled over on the floor. The increasing of pain helped her see the urgency and we got into the car around 3:30.

It is about a 20 minute drive to the hospital, so by the time we walked in and got a nurse to look at her, it was about 4:00am. After looking at her, they started really moving fast. The next thing I know, she is in a hospital gown and they are hooking her up to an IV. I was getting ready to go park the car, get some magazines to read, and grab my IPOD, when I asked the question, "so when do expect the baby to start coming out," to which one nurse said, "right now, honey." I truly expected the answer to be eight or so hours, but NOW...

We had to wait for the doctor to get there and then sixteen pushes later, JJ was born at 4:41AM. Candi had the baby all natural, not because she wanted it that way, but because it happened so quick. Long story short, I still made my 9:00 tee time.

We were pleasantly surprised to get a call from Derick & Megan Staffenson, who were passing through Tucson on their move from Florida to California. It was nice to see a familiar face at the hospital!

All is well with JJ and Candi and we got released from the hospital today. The first newly elected grandma is in town to help us out, which my golf partners are very happy about.

Thanks to all who have sent prayers, flowers, emails, Facebook comments, etc., it has been very nice to have second-hand support, since we weren't able to have first-hand until the arrival of grandma Vita, today. We still aren't sure if she cares about her grandson, but I think she will warm up to him in time.

If you would like to see more pictures, Candi has set up an online album at: http://picasaweb.google.com/candijeremyp.

God blessed us with a quick delivery, a healthy baby, and a healthy mother. Not to mention, I will now get to spend a week with Candi and JJ before class starts. And who knows, we may even get to come home for Christmas now. God is good. Well, I better get back to my golf...I mean helping out with the baby, but thanks again to everyone for their support.

4 Comments:

At Sunday, November 21, 2010 6:07:00 PM, Blogger Krista said...

I am so excited for you guys!! I'm glad she got to experience an all natural birth, but I am extremely jealous about how lovely she looks after doing it. Enjoy that adorable baby and have several more!!

 
At Sunday, November 21, 2010 8:14:00 PM, Blogger Mandy Nelson said...

I hope you guys can come home for Christmas! I can't wait to hold JJ! Love you guys!

 
At Sunday, November 21, 2010 10:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so excited to be grandma and can't wait to see him. I'm not thinking you can out do a week like this any time soon! Boring??? Contain your ADHD and enjoy Jarrett! He'll be in school before you know it! I am thankful that God miraculously work everything out so perfectly.....of course that's His way. Love, Mother

 
At Tuesday, November 23, 2010 8:03:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is adorable! You really must come home for Christmas!
Congratulations,
Andi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home