Sunday, October 24, 2010

Things Starting To Fall Into Place...LET'S HOPE!

Well, it is looking like some things are starting to take shape with our future. I have two more flights left, but I have my landing within 45 days of my A-10 class start date, so I technically don't need to complete any more flights. We think we might have a house in Tucson. We have a mover scheduled to fly in and move us. We have a name picked out for our baby. And we finally went to Luckenbach, TX, so now you could say we are finally ready to move to Arizona.

I flew five times this past week and finished up my simulators, so I am very close to completing these additional events. They are trying to finish me up and have me help out in scheduling for the rest of my time here. Whatever, I am just ready to get out of here.

We have been looking at houses in Tucson and we submitted an application on one. It is a little scary because it is sight unseen, but we really don't want to be living out of a hotel room for a month with a pregnant lady, a guy with an attention deficit disorder, a hyper 91 pound puppy, a crotchety old dog, a fat cat that continually "meows" for food, and a cat that urinates on everything it sees. We did have a friend take a look from the street on the property and we have seen pictures, but it is still going to be a surprise. It is a smaller house with tile floors, but it does have a backyard...although the term "yard" in Tucson means "small rocks." We only found a few houses that had grass. We decided to get a cheap house off base to help us financially, since we are still making mortgage payments on our house in Idaho.

We are planning on leaving the 6th of November and my dad has offered to fly in from CA and help us move to Arizona. Candi wasn't thrilled with my plan of having her drive the U-Haul truck, pulling a trailer, while being ready to have a baby at the first big pothole on the road. I tried to convince her that I would be following in my pickup real close for moral support, but that wasn't enough! So my dad will be driving the U-Haul and trailer (towing Candi's car) and I will be driving my pickup with the map to each hospital along the way...just in case I don't miss that pothole and Candi decides to have the baby in the middle of the cactus, roadrunners, and Javelinas.
We finally came to an agreement on a name for the baby. It came down to an arm wrestling contest and I had to make it a best out of five, but I finally won! Truth be told, after Candi's first two wins and me crying uncontrollably, I think she let me win the next three times. The name I picked is... I can't give it away that easy, but let's say we will call him "JJ" for short.

Finally, we took a nice little Sunday afternoon drive after church today. We had been wanting to go to Fredricksburg and Luckenbach...and now we can say we have been to both. Fredricksburg is an old German town that still looks old. It had a lot of old churches which were pretty cool and a lot of shops to go through. Then there was Luckenbach. I thought because there were multiple songs about it, that it would be something special. Not so much, it is really only a bar, bandstand, dance hall, and general store...but, they were still cool. It appears to be the coolest spot if you own a Harley, since there were more bikers and areas for bike parking than anything. It actually was pretty cool, but a lot less than what I expected...although, I saw some pretty awesome looking bikes like the last picture, which is my dream bike.
Candi continues to be in good health and grow. I however, continue to lose my health with each answer to her questions. Questions such as, "Does this dress make me look big" and the beatings I am getting due to my impending answers are really taking their toll on me. Normally, you would never say anything makes a lady look big, but when they are hugely pregnant, you start to think they have come to terms with the fact that they aren't the same size they once were...NOT SO! You walk the line between not being close to believable and big lie, like "I still don't think you are showing" and "you probably shouldn't wear that since it says maternity and you don't even look pregnant." No, I am joking, but Candi is starting to feel like she is very pregnant. She is doing great and managing just fine, but she is learning her new limitations in regards to getting winded on walks and not being able to sit very long...so don't tell her she is going to have to sit in a vehicle when we move to Arizona. Candi is now 34 weeks into this and doing very well. I had heard a lot of horror stories of the mood swings, cravings, etc., but Candi has been great through all of this and I couldn't be more proud of her. I know now that she will be a great mother, which I guess is good news since there isn't a lot I could do about it now, if I thought otherwise!

3 Comments:

At Monday, October 25, 2010 6:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

JJ - as in Jeremy Jr. ???? Not fair to keep us in the dark.

Jeremy, your sense of humor is awesome- Randy and I can't wait to read your postings each week.

Congrats on getting all your flights in and I am so glad your Dad is going to help with the move. Makes this ole worry wart very happy.


Love you both- Grandma Vita

 
At Thursday, October 28, 2010 3:41:00 AM, Blogger Drowner Pro said...

Hey Jeremy! Haven't been by here in...a year, I suppose! Wow! I strayed from my blog, disappointing my wide base of fans (all 1 of them!), and haven't kept up on anybody's blogs. Anyway, congrats on the baby! That's awesome!! Via facebook, I heard you were back at flight school again - congrats on that too! Flying the Warthog will be phenomenally cool - almost enough to make me jealous. Be safe on your move, enjoy JJ's birth, & keep Candi happy by watching sports with & for her!

 
At Sunday, October 31, 2010 4:26:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just don't make the same mistake that Darren made: "Can't you just suck your stomach in a little bit?!" I still haven't forgiven him. Hope you guys can come home for Christmas~ we wanna see JJ!
Andi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home