Sunday, August 08, 2010

PANIC!!!!!!!

Panic has set in at the Presley household. We just realized that we only have 123ish days until we will have a baby boy and we only have seven of the 169 items on Wal-Mart's list of "what to have for a baby." I Googled "nearest cliff in San Antonio" just in case I needed something to jump off of on short notice, but so far we are in a holding pattern on that idea.

I directly blame my training for this state of panic. If I weren't studying all the time, Candi wouldn't be able to find the end of the internet on baby related topics. I am glad she has a baby to research, because it would be very weird if she were searching out weird religions and started bringing home snakes or smoking idols. But, you can see by all of this, Candi and the baby are doing just fine. Candi had her 22 week appointment this past week and found out that besides it being a Presley, the baby looks to be normal.

Candi has really started to show and that comes with a lot of comments from stangers on when she is due and other pregnancy comments. I am glad I don't have something growing inside my stomach, but I would sure use it to mess with people. I can't get Candi to say, "I am not pregnant, I just like my beer" to strangers or other similar comments. I think she is missing a really big opportunity to make others feel stupid!

As for me, I continue to plug along. Last week, I was able to complete 3 flights and 2 sims (not to mention having mechanical issues & having to cancel a 4th flight). I passed my last flight in the formation phase, so I have moved on to the next few phases. The level of expectations has been raised, which I didn't know could go much higher. It is very difficult and a lot of pressure, but so far they haven't kicked me out. All I can do is keep going, but I wish the end would come sooner than later.

Candi visited the squadron on Friday night during a monthly spouses outing. She finally got to see where I spend all my time. Then on Saturday, we finally did something and floated the river with a big group from the squadron. It was good times and at least we were doing something.

3 Comments:

At Monday, August 09, 2010 1:55:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not time to panic yet, you'll know when it is tho. Can't wait to read that blog in December. Vita

 
At Monday, August 09, 2010 11:40:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the picture of Candi. She gets cuter every day. Pregnancy looks good on her.
Remember your training is one day at a time. You are going to make it! It's the hard times that make us grow and realize how dependent we are on God to get us through.
A. Betty

 
At Thursday, August 12, 2010 1:36:00 PM, Blogger Renee said...

"found the end of the internet".. huh? I love that you are the master of the understated (sarcasm too)... Got caught up on all your bloggings and you caused a giggle (or five).. really miss the Jeremyisms... Sure wish I could be experiencing the pregnancy with you guys.. well not WITH you, but alongside you.. You will be home and already have the Presley (so glad you got that info verified on ultrasound...?). Have fun planning the decor for the baby's room, I know you get so into choosing just the right patterns and color combinations. Maybe you can think about that while you are flying, since you haven't been kicked out yet...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home