Saturday, June 26, 2010

Slow Week

Not a lot to report this week. I spent much of the week doing menial tasks for the 435th. The fact the tasks were menial, didn’t mean they weren’t uneventful. I managed to cut my thumb with a razor blade and it bled all over the inside of a trash can until I could get it bandaged up. However, in that time I managed to change my status from “flying under the radar” to being the bright, blinking spot on the radar. I was able to attract the Commander, DO (second in charge to the Commander), and a bunch of my future instructors who were all quick to pass judgment. I quickly became known as the “officer who wants to fly multi-million dollar fighter jets, but can’t even operate a box cutter correctly.” I somehow think I haven’t heard the last of this one and it may just come back around in the form of a call sign.

Other than these tasks, we didn’t get to do too much. We are waiting on paper work to “sandbag” with these guys, but we did manage to get some simulator flying in during the week. It isn’t very realistic for what we need to be practicing, but it is better than nothing.

In other news, Candi had a doctor’s appointment this week and we found out that the bump on her front side was more than donuts and Twinkies. We actually knew that before, but we did find out all was going well. The doctor scheduled us to get a new stereo in our car, which must be a Southern thing because a lot of cars “bump” around here. However, I think ours is going to be better than there’s since the doctor said it was going to be an “ultrasound.” And some how this new stereo is connected to my Levi’s? Candi says it is to see if my jeans messed up the baby…??? I am not sure about all of this since it is my first baby, but this is what they tell me.

Since it was a slower week, Candi and I decided to do one of the “touristy” things and we went to Sea World. We went Friday afternoon and we practically had the place to ourselves. We were able to get right on the rides without waiting in any lines and they had some pretty cool rides. I find that “rides” aren’t quite the same when you get to go on jet “rides” at work, but they were still fun. We got to go to all the shows and Candi got to see the Holstein whales for the first time. The shows were highlighted by a baby killer whale that just followed his mom around and would do some of the tricks randomly throughout the show. It wasn’t trained, but it was just copying its mother, which made it really cute. And yes, a guy that is training to be a fighter pilot just said “cute.”






We also got a lot of practice at cleaning carpets this week. I think our animals got into something and we had all four of our animals puking all over the house at one time or another. One huge mess by Zoe took six times of cleaning (trying a new product and procedure each time) and we still have the sweet scent of dog vomit in the air. However, Candi's cat has decided to top all of that and has decided to not use the litterbox for urinating any more. I am a huge cat lover, so this doesn't make me upset in the least. It doesn't make me sit up at night thinking of ways to muffle the sound of my Glock or make me drive around looking for places to drop a cat corpse or anything. I am totally fine with having all my clothes smell like I live in a house with 89 cats. You see, since we left all our furniture in Idaho, we have our clothes on shelves, which apparently look like a better option than a box full of sand. Anyway, if you have always wanted a cat or two, please let me know. I think I can hook you up...and it may even be alive if you contact me soon enough.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home