Sunday, August 01, 2010

Slow week and weekend

I mentioned last week that I could be a long way down the road to putting this pain behind me... and I didn't get very far down that road. I had one sortie cut short due to avionics malfunction (had to redo that flight), had one flight cancelled due to weather, and had to abort on the runway for a brake failure on another flight. I got two graded flights in all of that, so not the way I was hoping. I am hoping to get better cooperation from the "flying gods" this week, because it was a lot of work for not much progress. It really stinks to put hours and hours into prepping for a flight and not get it accomplished.
The weekend wasn't much better. San Antonio is a bit boring when it is too hot to just walk around. I drug Candi to Hobby Lobby on Saturday, as well as several other places to get ideas on decorating the baby's room. I found a picture online of how I want the room and now I am on a quest to get all the parts in the picture. Yes, we are two houses away from actually being at a house that we can decorate, but we are spending our weekends getting ready anyway. I can barely sit still long enough to type this because it gets me so excited. I don't have a font that indicates sarcasm, but I think I am laying it on strong enough for a few of you to get the picture.
I am about to lose my mind I am so bored on the weekends, with nothing to do. San Antonio doesn't have a lot to do indoors and it is just too hot to do too much outdoors. Maybe if we had friends that knew the ins and outs of the area, we might find things to do, but we have no friends here. All the other students are here for shorter terms, so they don't have their families and we can't really hang out with our instructors.
We did have a few cool things happen this week. Candi was asked for the first time when she was due. We were both so shocked because we had never had to answer that question, that we stood speechless long enough for the lady to start back peddling like she had asked a fat person that wasn't pregnant. We finally confirmed the lady's question and you could see quite a look of relief on her face. Another woman asked if we were getting ideas for a nursery when we bought a picture...I still don't know why she thought we were in the landscaping business. And finally, I got to feel the baby kick for the first time. I am a little nervous about all the kicking and the fact that Candi was a dancer...I swear, if he comes out doing a kick line routine and wanting to be in ballet, I will have a few choice words.

Well, I don't have much else to talk about. All I do is eat, sleep, and study, so it isn't a very exciting life to talk about. The flying is a lot of hard work, but that part is a little fun. It would take too much to describe all that we do, but we get to yank and bank a lot and try to kill other jets. I got a few "kills" this week...I guess you could call me "ace." Just kidding, but the training is pretty intense, but cool at the same time. If you ever want to see kind of what it looks like, type in "T-38C 3K Offensive BFM" or "Offensive BFM" on YouTube and it may give you an idea. Anyway, I got to get back to studying! See ya.

2 Comments:

At Monday, August 02, 2010 12:38:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeremy,
"Be of good courage," God is going to ride along with you. What more could you want with the God of the universe in the cockpit with you??? The "troops" are busy on their knees. Love, Mother

 
At Monday, August 02, 2010 2:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeremy, I laughed so hard the tears were rolling while reading about the decorating and landscaping business. Too dang funny!!

Good luck with all your flights this week- Vita

 

Post a Comment

<< Home