Sunday, July 18, 2010

Good News and Bad News

Which do you want first? I will give you the good news and then you can quit reading and act like there is no bad news. The Presley's are having a baby BOY...or at least that is what the ultrasound technician said we were getting in our order. As I put on Twitter, "at least I didn't have to test God's return policy." We are definitely excited, but I was more excited that we saw two legs, two arms, etc. However, I did only see one eye, so we might have a pirate baby. They weren't able to get all the pictures they wanted because he was a "low rider" and Candi will have to go back next week to get a few last pictures. I don't know if this is foreshadowing that he will become a Canyon County resident or if he is just low riding because that is what everyone one does here.
We are starting to decide on names and so far, "Jeremy" seems to be a favorite just because it is the best name possible. If we named him Jeremy, he could be nicknamed "The Dos" to celebrate that he will be born close to the border. We are open to suggestions, but I do want a "shawn" to be in some part of his name, since a lot of pro athletes have that in their name. Not that I will push him to be on a professional roster before he is 23 years old or anything, but we do want to set him up for success.

The bad news is that I started out my training with a failed simulator flight. I really didn't want to start this way, but it happened. I am now "that guy" and will get treated as such. It wasn't even new stuff that I messed up...not a good sign. We may be home before this boy is born, if I don't shape up. Anyway, I am pretty down about the whole thing, but the news of a seemingly healthy boy went a long way to getting me to step back from the window ledge.

We did make a quick day trip to Corpus Christi to see the beach, dolphins, and our old stomping grounds, not to mention a way to take my mind off of training. Candi did help me study on the way down there. It was a good time and the weather was perfect. Well, it is back to studying! See ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home