Saturday, October 09, 2010

Wee Wee All the Way Home…and Boo Boo All the Way Back

Well, my favorite commercial out there is the Geico “little piggy” one and we were just as excited as the little piggy to go home this past week. We had a great time back in Idaho and we definitely came back with more baby “stuff” than we had before we left San Antonio. Apparently, we will have to change the baby’s outfit five times a day (even if he manages to keep them clean), just so he will have a chance to wear all the clothes before he out grows them. I mean, the baby has more clothes than me…not like I am jealous or counting or anything…at least I still have him in the shoes department by a score of 39 to 4!

I will get into all that a bit more, but after all, this is MY BLOG! Now, about me and my last two weeks, since I so hate to talk about me. I could say I have a pretty good life. I have gotten to fly a jet five times, fly a sim three times, dirt bike, wakeboard, street bike, and see a ton of friends. Thanks to Joe Palmer for letting me borrow one of his dirt bikes and letting me ride it at Pleasant Valley Track. He even loaded it up, hauled it to the track, and cleaned it after the ride. I felt like a sponsored rider.

Thanks to my uncle for keeping the boat out so that we could enjoy a 90+ degree day in October…in Idaho! A year off and I still managed to land a few flips!
I also found time to get my Harley out for a few rides!

Well, as you can see, I had a great time “playing” back in Idaho. But, I also had a great time seeing all my friends. A big thanks to all those who took time out of their schedule to meet up and to those who I didn’t get to see, sorry. Thanks to the Warriner’s for letting us turn a simple dinner into a small party with several friends. Candi and I really enjoyed it, since we have absolutely no friends to “get together” with down here.

However, Candi and the baby stole the show during the past two weeks. Not like I like to be at the center of attention and resent all the attention people showed them while we were in Idaho, but I think people went a bit too far. Candi got to open all the presents, got to eat all the cake, and got all the “you look so cute” comments. I think people don’t realize what I have to go through with this baby! I mean, I have had to… well, I have gone through… experienced… ok, maybe Candi does deserve all the attention! If you want to even pay her more attention, she has set up a website to post pictures. Go to www.picasaweb.google.com/candijeremyp and check out all of our pictures. We will use this site to post most of all our baby pictures. If you become a follower, I believe you can get emailed updates when we add new pictures. Enjoy!


Seriously, thanks to all who gave gifts, money, cards, and hosted parties on behalf of the alien in her stomach. We got so much and with the gift cards, we still have tons more to pick out. And when I say tons, I mean tons. I have spent more time in baby sections of department stores and at Babies R Us, that even the employees ask me questions. I posted on Twitter/Facebook that I should get a timecard because I am spending enough time there to earn vacation and sick time.

We continue to get ready for the baby and the ever closer move to Tucson. We are going to get all that we can bought and ready, so that we won’t have to do that while we are unpacking and getting settled. I have four front seat flights, six back seat rides, and two more simulators left. Once I complete those, we can get going to Arizona. In preparation for leaving, I took time to get a few pictures of the aircraft I have been flying for the last six months. I hired the glossy picture business in the mall to get some real professional pictures, but apparently they can’t even make me look good!

1 Comments:

At Monday, October 11, 2010 10:43:00 AM, Blogger Renee said...

oooo, shiny! (The plane, not your head).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home