Monday, November 01, 2010

Last Week in Texas

I just want to start out by saying that I am very disappointed in all but one of you. Many people read by blog, but only one asked what were the names behind the initials “JJ.” My great aunt Betty was awarded the knowledge of what “JJ” meant…which is Jarrett John. We decided on that name and it will probably stand, barring the fact that “JJ” is a girl. I wanted something with a “shawn” in it, since I think that almost guarantees that your child will be an athlete. “Jerashawn” was considered, but I guess Candi wanted to leave room for him to be a dancer. We plan on calling him “JJ” until we need to get his attention, at which point we will use Jarrett John, along with some words that are best expressed by holding down the shift button and then the numbers along the top of the keyboard.

I am officially done with my extra flights and ready to get out of Dodge. We are expecting to leave Saturday morning, so I guess that means we need to start packing. I tried to lean forward a bit and start packing up the kitchen, but I got half a box into it before Candi started yelling, “We will need that tomorrow, you know!” The point of taking only the bare minimums in the first place, is the reason why this will be a frantic scramble to pack on the last few days. However, even with the “bare minimums” on my clothes and shoes, I could still probably pack three-quarters of them and not really be effected too much. It is bad when I took less than half of my shoes and I still packed 23 shoes on Saturday…and I left 6 to wear during the move. The sad thing is, that isn’t a joke. I blame my mother for those issues!

Candi and I went to Dallas to watch a Cowboys game for my birthday this weekend, hence the late post. We had a good time, but the Cowboy’s game was less than pretty. The team is horrible, but that is a whole other can of small brown earth dwellers.

The stadium was the impressive thing and the 60 yard long, high definition TV was amazing. The picture below is of the TV screen, you can read the tattoo's of former BSU player, Orlando Scandrick. In other news, I have started a campaign to convince Candi that our 55-inch TV needs to be bigger. The stadium had television screens everywhere, so you would never miss the game no matter where you went. Not to mention it had cars stacked on racks (Ford is a major sponsor), the largest pro shop, pools with fountains, etc. Jerry Jones really did pull out all the stops on that one...too bad he didn't put more into the team!

Candi and JJ continue to grow and both are healthy (only about 5 weeks to go!). We now have an overnight bag ready, just in case JJ wants to see the outside world anytime soon. I will be driving the fragile cargo to Tucson in my pickup, following my dad in the U-Haul. I will also be hauling the two dogs and two cats…the latter of which I am not tying down the carrier and leaving my tailgate down!
Thanks again to all those who called, emailed, sent, or Facebooked me birthday greetings. The next post will be from Tucson, see you then!

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, November 02, 2010 1:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jarrett John Presley - I like it. And I love the pic of the family at the game. Sent it to everyone I know.

Have safe travels- Vita

 

Post a Comment

<< Home