Sunday, November 18, 2007

Slower Week

Not a lot to report about this last week. I had a couple of tests and cheated enough to get passing scores. The tests can be hard because they make us stay inside the lines on the coloring problems, but I think I figured it out with the smaller crayons. We have started our sims now, but we don't get to the full motion ones until after the Thanksgiving break. The full motion sims are so state-of-the-art that this time next year the pilots will have their initial qualification to fly solely on flying the sim. Basically, you will be qualified to fly an aircraft that you have never "actually" flown.

Over the past weekend we babysat for some friends. Candi and I are trying to figure out if we want to add to our family and our friends let us borrow their little one to see if it is really what we want at this time in our lives.

She was a good "kid," but we decided that one dog was enough. Although, Peaches (our free loading roommate) finally got some lovin' from a female. In his defense, he wasn't completely naked under the covers. I got up in the morning to find that Remy had finally found a soft bed.

I found a place to ride my dirtbike this weekend. A local here has 500+ acres that he has fixed up with a motocross track, trail riding, mud drags, flat drags, and any other thing the rednecks around here can come up with. He was a real nice guy that talked my ear off since I was the only one out there for a few hours (I actually got up early on my day off). Just proof that I did get up early and no one was there.I also found out that he has "one of those black boys" working for him. I guess we are in the South. The scenery was real nice and he had a 5 mile loop for trail riding through the woods and up and down hills that was one of the most technical trails I have ever traversed.
Here are some pictures of the riding area with the last one being of some of the local rednecks that race their four-wheelers up and down a little dirt strip for bragging rights of who has the fastest 4X4, lower geared, winch equipped, four-wheeler. BIG WHOOPDY DO! The funniest part is that they also do it in a big trench filled with water (I didn't get a picture unfortunately) and every few passes ends with one of the four-wheelers having to be lifted with a backhoe out of the mud hole.

Candi has been putting in more hours lately, but has been finding time to go to the base gym. One of my classmates lets his wife out of the house every once in awhile, so Candi has a partner to take some of the workout classes that they have to offer. She is gimping around like an old lady after a hard workout this past week, but then again she is old...compared to my young 30 year old life.
Well, this week will be a short week and I will let you know how having the house to ourselves goes and if we come close to burning it down with our cooking. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

1 Comments:

At Friday, November 23, 2007 6:26:00 PM, Blogger Huffalo said...

I just saw the Hogs beat LSU. Hope you bought your riot insurance!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home