Sunday, October 14, 2007

Ready for Hillbillyland

A week of going insane with nothing to do has me ready for the land of overalls and banjos. I guess taking it easy isn't as easy as I thought. I was bored to tears two days after all my company left. I know you all think I was taking it easy the whole time down here, but it isn't like I didn't have to take my studies to the beach or hurry back to study. Even though I enjoyed the area, I was always grounded in studies and reading. So with none of that "due," I had absolutely nothing to do but pack.

You have to remember that even though we have accumulated some junk here, the majority of our stuff is in Idaho. What that means is that I packed all that I could in two days...just to have Candi ask the next day why I packed everything we needed to live the last week here. I unpacked the bed, clothes, and food so we could live the last week here in some kind of comfort.

I spent the rest of the time harassing Candi. "Can we go to the beach? Please, please, please...how about now? Can we, huh, huh?" Candi got so fed up that she had me pack, unpack, and pack each box just to keep busy. I got under her skin enough to go a few last times.
The rest of the week I tied up loose ends with utilities, reserved moving equipment, and cleaned the house. Yes, you read right, I cleaned.

We are planning to leave for Hillbillyland on Tuesday morning. We are getting the U-Haul Monday morning and then it is up to Candi to load everything. We will pull Candi's Escape on a trailer behind the U-Haul truck and Candi will drive my truck (since it is too heavy for the auto transport). Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers because we are moving WITH two cats and a dog. We plan on making a caravan with the Georgia peach (our roommate) and making it a two day trip.

Then it is living with three pets out of a hotel room until we find a house...so you can bet there will be a little sense of urgency. I will let you all know how the trip goes and if Candi is minus a cat or two. You know how those things can just get lost in the move!
P.S. Big CONGRATS to our roommate Bill Walker for getting 130s to Dyess AFB and for completing the program. All the TARD posse made it through UPT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home