Sunday, June 15, 2008

Racking Up The Flight Hours

The past week I flew the most I have flown in my short career. I flew more times in the beginning of flight training, but the typical sortie was 1.5 hours, where the typical C-130 sortie (in training) is 2.5. I flew each day this past week. I have been all over the Northwest and it has been a blast. I finally am getting comfortable flying this bird again. We have been going to all these really small towns and flying tactical approaches to their airfields. Basically, we fly 500-1500 feet above the runway and then turn real quick and get down on the ground to simulate maneuvers that are done in the desert.
The pilots I am flying with are really great and they help me out with problem areas without acting like they know it all, even though they have literally thousands of more hours than I have accumulated.
I wish I had pictures to show you of me flying in Hells Canyon (largest gorge in North America) or 500 feet over Cascade Lake, but I was too busy flying the stupid thing to take pictures. I will try to get better at multitasking.
Other than that, not a lot going on here. Candi is working back at the actual building, versus working from home. She is enjoying the social aspects of being back, especially since I am working each day. We also had a big garage sale this weekend to get rid of all the duplicate things we had. We did alright, but we still had a truck load to take to Goodwill after the sale was done.
Happy Fathers Day to all the dads! And next time I hope to have some good pictures.

3 Comments:

At Thursday, June 19, 2008 9:53:00 AM, Blogger Travis said...

Sounds awesome! I'd like someday to fly in the northwest. Hells Canyon, Cascade Lake - can't get much better! How about Yellowstone? That'd be nice, too!

 
At Friday, June 20, 2008 6:08:00 PM, Blogger Susette said...

Wish I could have known it was you when you went over our valley!

 
At Tuesday, May 12, 2009 10:58:00 PM, Blogger Top Fashion said...

que bonitas casas

 

Post a Comment

<< Home