Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter in San Diego

On a whim and a phone call from my dad, we decided to go to San Diego for Easter.  I had a very vigorous work schedule, but was able to get Friday and Monday off.  We went "up" to San Diego on Friday afternoon.  It is about a 7.5 hour drive when you have to stop every few minutes for the baby.  It was actually me, needing to go the bathroom, but I played it off on JJ.  "Candi, I think we need to stop, I smell a dirty diaper again."  She would reply, "but he is sleeping." But, being the good dad that I am and not wanting him to sit in his own filth, I stopped and changed his diaper...and while we were stopped, I used the opportunity to flash snakes and road runners along side the road.

It actually wasn't that bad and Jarrett did great.  He slept or eat most the time.  Candi sat in the back to entertain when he was awake, and as long as he had his shades on, he was good to go.  He is getting his first two teeth and has been surprisingly good SO FAR!

In San Diego, we got to see members of my family that we hadn't seen in over seven years.  It was good to hang out with them and catch up a bit. 

We also went to the beach to see water...since it is such a rarity in Tucson.  It was nice the day we went, but the water was still too cold without a wetsuit.


Then on Sunday, we took JJ to his first Easter service.  Candi didn't let me dress him in the Easter dress that I bought him, but he did get a new shirt for the occasion.

As far as my situation goes, I was given the regulations that outline what could happen.  It was helpful to read all of it, but until paperwork is done, it doesn't mean much.  We did learn that if it goes the long route, it could be a four to five month process.  Hopefully it won't go that long, since there is a short route, but we will just have to wait and see.  Until then, I will continue to clean supply rooms, make copies, and put together publications for a few hours a day and then go home to the real work...taking care of Jarrett.  Notice there is no mention of golf in that day, but I am not bitter...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home