Sunday, April 10, 2011

What Now?


Well, let me first start by thanking everyone for their support and prayers. As I mentioned last week, I had a progress check flight...and wouldn't you know, it was probably the worst flight of my career. Not a good time to try that out! Anyway, the squadron commander recommended that I be terminated from the training program and I am now not doing anything until that paperwork goes through. Once the paperwork goes through, I can contest the recommendation and then some higher brass makes the final decision. Long story short, I probably flew my last flight in an A-10 on Monday. I have no idea what is next or what is going to happen, but I have to trust God has a plan and a purpose behind all of this.


It really stinks and right now I have a million questions with no answers, but for the first time I actually don't have stress and can sleep at night. The stress was getting pretty bad and it was only getting worse and my performance was only getting worse. I think they were directly related, but it is what it is...you are going to be stressed when you are giving it your all and not seeing the results you want.


As I said, I have a million questions on my future and there are no answers and won't be until the paperwork gets completed and the process gets started. We are told that this will be a long process, but no one can tell us how long, long is so we will continue to live here and see what happens. My gut feeling is that I will be terminated from this program, go home, not have a Guard job, go back to my civilian job and see if there is another opportunity somewhere else to fly or quit all together. There is no evidence to back any of that up, but just an option.


It is starting to sink in that I won't be a fighter pilot any more and possibly an Air Force pilot any more...but that would be my decision. It was a great relief at first to have the stress lifted, but now I am starting to miss it. I don't know if it is the fact that I failed at doing something that I actually tried as hard as I could to make happen, or if it is the fact that I am not going to be a "fighter pilot" anymore and not get to live my dream. Either way, not a good feeling.


On a positive note, Candi and Jarrett are still living in my house. I found that out, now that I have time to stop and look around. I also realized that Candi may have been under more stress than me...JJ is a handful! I was able to do a little "bonding" this week and think Yankee Nation has a new fan...if not, he can find a new place to stay.
Yes, I am in my pajamas and yes it is 11:00AM when we are watching a Yankees day game and no I don't have a job!

Candi continues to work and I have been TRYING to help with Jarrett. However, God didn't give me the ears to take his screaming and yelling, so it is really not my fault that I have to retreat to the golf course when he gets loud. Speaking of getting loud, because I am a failure and don't have a job, we are working on training JJ to sleep through the night. I get up with him when he wakes up 12-1ish and sit by his crib since Candi says that makes him feel like we haven't neglected him. In theory he is assured we are there and then goes to sleep...in reality he cries at the top of his lungs, I get mad and go back to bed, and wake up to find he did finally shut up and sleep until 4 or 5 when Candi gets up and feed him. It's going pretty well so far- definitely a work in progress.


I guess it kind of sounds like I have a tough life, but it really isn't that bad. I have my health, family, and shelter so it could be worse. On that positive note, I will wrap it up. OH, THANKS FOR THE COMMENTS LAST WEEK, I GUESS PEOPLE DO READ THIS!

7 Comments:

At Monday, April 11, 2011 8:08:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dad

 
At Monday, April 11, 2011 8:10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeremy your a real man and your Dad is PROUD of you!!!

 
At Monday, April 11, 2011 8:12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh and your Dad will learn how to post a comment correctly.

 
At Monday, April 11, 2011 12:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeremy, you are a BIG man to share all your struggles with everyone. We are very happy the high stress is over and you can go back to being the quy we all know and love. I am sure Candi and JJ are too. Better days ahead !!
Randy and Vita

 
At Monday, April 11, 2011 8:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! My blood pressure goes up by just reading about your stress level! That's some pretty intense pressure you've been under. You know, it's just a thought, but this could actually increase your life expectancy. Fighter pilots probably have a hard time getting life insurance. :)
Keep your chin up, & remember God sees the end game plan.
Andi

 
At Monday, April 11, 2011 9:19:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Jeremy, I've been praying since Sunday, when I learned about your situation!! Just know that your family cares, though we don't REALLY understand what you have been going through. Some of the toughest times in our lives have been when everything seemed to fail and we had to wait and wait to know what to do next!! In that way, I can relate to you! I'll continue praying and be waiting with you to see what God works out! We love you and are proud of you!! A. Sherry

 
At Saturday, April 16, 2011 9:04:00 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Jeremy & Candi ~

Thinking of you all and praying for you as you wait and see what God has in store next. We've been through a time in our own lives where the plans we had didn't come through..it's not a fun or comfortable place to be. In fact, running away sounded great! :) We lurk on your blog & laugh at your funny smart-alec comments. It's good to see you still have your humor.

Keep the faith.

~Jonathon & Stephanie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home