Sunday, September 10, 2006

Week 3 down

Week three came and went pretty quickly, thanks to Labor Day. We had our first major test on Tuesday...and I am still in pilot training. I got a 91% on the test. No one in the class failed, which looked good to our flight commander. 84% is failing.

This upcoming week we have another test over Systems 2 material. It covers the propulsion systems and environmental systems. It is pretty interesting to learn about how the engine works. I am not an engineer or mechanic, but I think I am getting a grasp of how the whole thing works. 1,100 horsepower will be an awesome engine to ride.

We also have two simulator rides this week, so that will be interesting. We start off in the basic sims which are just the cockpit with no outside visual. We take off and fly and learn where everything is and how things work, all the while doing it off of instruments only. It isn't too bad since they don't put other aircraft up with us, so we can fly and not worry about other aircraft. I will try to get a picture of the sim and put it in the next post.

Yesterday I finally felt a little like I was back home because I went wakeboarding. I met a guy here that has a wakeboarding boat, not a bass boat that people keep asking me to go wakeboarding with. I feel bad acting like a snob and turning them down, but it isn't quite the same as what I was spoiled with in Idaho. Oh and the water temperature is cold to the locals because it dropped below 80 degrees. They obviously haven't been in Redfish Lake or Black Canyon in May.

Anyway, the dude graduated from Oregon State and barely let me in his boat with my BSU hat on. I guess Beavers don't take too kindly to getting smacked upside their furry head with a hoof...I told him to look on the bright side that at least he wasn't a Vandal, because they get beat every year by the Broncos. He didn't understand and I had to explain that at least his team has beat the Broncos this decade. I just had to get that shot out for my division two, Vandal friends.

And with that, I will just leave the grenade with the pin out and sign off while waiting for the blasts to come back.

3 Comments:

At Monday, September 11, 2006 7:49:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard that you landed a backflip. That's pretty cool but could you do it again? :) I'll believe it when I can see it.

 
At Monday, September 11, 2006 11:08:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You entertain me! Pretty impressive picture. Did you have to pay someone to take that shot??? I do hope you come home in one piece! Thankfully you had your helmet on.

 
At Sunday, September 17, 2006 8:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spud Boy - Is that the same helmet your wore on the "special" bus?

I hope you pass all your exams!! I don't want you going home on a "special" plane... hee hee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home