Tuesday, December 19, 2006

A different kind of Christmas

I just wanted to let everyone know how weird it is to have Christmas in the late spring weather. I just had to laugh when I saw people singing Christmas carols in shorts and flip-flops in front of a house this past weekend. I remember just wanting to a chance to get inside one of the blue hair's house to warm up and if not, you tried to talk to them (which of course they couldn't hear) so they would open their door and you may catch a quick blast of warm air. Here they come out on porch or even throw out a blanket on the freshly mowed lawn to listen .
Everyone is freezing here and I rode my motorcycle last week with just a light shirt...I actually wore more than just a shirt, but you know what I mean. I can't say I have rode a street bike in December before, not to mention I had my air conditioner on last night.
The amount of Christmas lights and festive things isn't near like at home. I still haven't found a place to get a Christmas tree. I think the increase in power costs deter most of the ghetto from putting up lights...not to mention it brings attention to your house where you are trying to sell the wacky tobaccy to the middle schoolers.
Well, I just wanted to share and now I can get ready to freeze my backside off in Idaho...just 76 hours, 57 minutes, and 19 seconds. We pilots pay attention to the details, "because it is the little details that gets your mother a letter that starts, We regret to inform you that your son..." Not that they yell that at you every time you mess up. They quite often remind me that I am giving them hand cramps with all the letters they have to write home on my behalf.

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, December 26, 2006 3:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hand cramps that is all they say. I think they would be more inventive, such as Dear Maam we reget to inform you that your donkey caller daughter Jeremy, oh sorry your son, I guess. Ha ha Got to keep you down to earth even if you are in the sky most of the time at least when the weather is good enough to fly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home