Sunday, October 29, 2006

Week 10

Another week down and this one blew by, which is what actually happened the whole week. The wind blew here and it blew so hard that they had to quit flying one of the days. Other than that, I had a lot better week. I did not fly this week for many reasons and one being the anxiety that I get before flying. One of the IPs overheard me talking about it and now I am suppose to see a shrink on Tuesday. Hopefully that will go well and that they will think everything is normal...which will be hard I know...but seriously, if they think some thing is wrong then I might be fighting an very tough battle to stay. I should'nt have opened my big mouth about it to one of my classmates. However, just because I did not fly, doesn't mean I had the week off. I had simulators, classes, and even a tour in the control tower...that is one crazy place with 30 different jets up in the area.

The class had a Halloween party Saturday night at one of our classmate's homes and it was awesome. There was some real thought put into the costumes...except for mine. I dressed up with overalls, a General Lee shirt, mullet, and put in some nasty teeth and people around here invited me fishing with them. Nobody knew I dressed up because I looked like a local and most thought they had seen me earlier being a greeter at Wal-Mart. Of course, everyone thought I was rocking typical Idaho threads...which was really confirmed when another guy from Idaho wore a similar outfit.
Even Capt. Jack Sparrow took time off from shooting the next Pirates of the Caribbean to visit the party. This was the most realistic costume I have ever seen...maybe why this Portuguese student spent over $200 for his first time to experience Halloween.

There were some great costumes from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to guys that borrowed our sim instructor's uniforms and went as crusty old pilots that can't do anything but come back to Del Rio to teach. These guys are for the most part old, out of shape, and ready to tell you a story about how it use to be in the Air Force. And of course what would a party less than a mile from Mexico be without the Border Patrol and her illegal alien? No joke, the border patrol (which is every where down here) actually came by during the party.
Oh, I also went to a Del Rio High School football game on Friday night. It was alright, not quite like most other Texas high school football experiences or so I am told. It is a bigger deal in Texas as opposed to here in North Mexico. It was though, the first high school game I have been to where they had reserved seating, vendors walking up and down the stadium selling Pizza Hut and beverages, and where the marching band had over 150+ individuals and could actually march while playing.

Overall a good week, although there wasn't much to it. I am still hanging on and giving it all that I have. I even got a 100% on a test this week! Thanks to all that have sentbirthday cards and presents...I kind of opened most of them a tad early. I even got a cake, however, 1700 miles isn't a cake's best friend. This is how it looked when I got it, but it still tasted like one of grandma's cakes. THEY ARE THE BEST! Thanks everyone!

3 Comments:

At Sunday, October 29, 2006 11:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY 29TH BIRTHDAY TOMORROW!!! I'll be thinking of you! Glad your week was better. If you act normal, the shrink will surely send you home, so fake it!!!
Love, Mother

 
At Monday, October 30, 2006 3:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo! AARRGGHH! Now that is a costume. Looks like me on my next trip to a Buffett concert. Happy Birthday J-Rock.
I find it interesting that you finally got to wear your normal clothes. It seems as though every Holloween some of us get to be normal. Keep up the good work, we don't want anyone thinking that Idaho is a great place to live.

 
At Tuesday, October 31, 2006 8:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sure was nice to talk to you on your B-day. Hang in there FLY-BOY
Maverick would be glad to be
Bronco Pilot's WingMan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home