Sunday, October 22, 2006

Week 9...and still alive

One more week come and gone...and am I glad this one is gone. This past week was the roughest week of my life. Granted I have had a sheltered life, but I was knocked down by this last week. I have recovered with the help of friends and family back home, not to mention the two days off for the weekend.

The past week I learned that I really can't fly a high performance aircraft, not to mention I got sick again and that meant I got to go see the spin doctor. I had to go sit in a chair that they spin real fast and then make me perform flying maneuvers while going around and around. The actual name for the chair is the Barany Chair and if you have time go look it up. You start off with your head straight ahead and then you move it from there. You may have to lean to the right, left, down, up, over the shoulder, etc. It is when they told me to climb (head up and back) or pull closed (a maneuver when we pull a high bank off the runway and roll out going the opposite direction) that my food passes my teeth for the second time, but in a new direction. I "get" to do that three times before they let me go back and resume my daily activities with a severe headache. I was then treated to the chair for the next three days after each flight.

Add that with the fact that I am struggling to fly a new plane the way they want us to fly it, I failed two tests, and we were there 12 hours each day...I had a bad week. Oh, not to mention the harder it gets the more homesick I get.

So that was my week! I don't want everyone to think I am just a whimp or a sissy...although I am...but I am just telling my week as it happens. I know I should see the big picture and that I am getting trained to be a pilot in the best Air Force in the world, but at times it is hard for me to see that big picture.

I don't like it when I am down, because that isn't me. So I am trying to be as positive as I can be and the weekends really help. Saturday I went wakeboarding and it was awesome. It is weird to get sun burned, while swimming in not cold water, in the middle of October. It is things like that which energizes me for the upcoming week. Thank God for the weekends...he knows I need them. I am counting down the days until I get to come home for Thanksgiving.

Congrats to the Warriner's on their new baby boy, Justin. Good work, Jason. I am sure you went through a lot! Were you there or hunting, during the birth?

Thanks again to those that post on my site and to the few that e-mail me. I now know who my "real" friends are. My list of who I am getting Christmas gifts for has shrunk, but on the good side, I will be saving money this year. Thanks to all you "wanna be" friends, I will have a lot more walking room around my tree this year.

7 Comments:

At Sunday, October 22, 2006 10:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm praying this will be a better week for you!!Pray, exercise,take a deep breath and try to relax. Remember I believe in you and know you can do it!!
Love to you, Mother

 
At Monday, October 23, 2006 2:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeremy, This is your other mother- you know- the evil mother in law. I want you to quit worrying so much and put that energy into positive motion. We all know you are not having a good time, but you are smart and can do this. Randy and I love you and are pulling for you-

Can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving.

 
At Monday, October 23, 2006 5:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are all so proud of you for enduring these tough times. I hope your sickness is gone for good & that your studies come together & start making sense (meaning acing the tests). We all love you!

 
At Monday, October 23, 2006 10:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeremy, Jeremy, he's our man, if he can't do it, NO ONE can!! I know that little cheer probably doesn't help you while you're losing your lunch...but, we are all really proud of you!

 
At Monday, October 23, 2006 11:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jeremy,
Tough times make tough people. Hang in. We are all praying for you. I saw what you said about Christmas presents, so thought I better respond. Sorry you have had to fill the zip lock bags! No fun!
Enjoy reading the blogs...keep them coming. Aunt Betty

 
At Tuesday, October 24, 2006 9:46:00 AM, Blogger Brand-O said...

JFDI yo!

 
At Wednesday, October 25, 2006 11:31:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

J-ROCK,

Stay Focused and Keep your head up.

I like a lot of different things for Christmas. I'll let you decide.

I already know what I am getting you. Think Ziplock.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home