Saturday, September 23, 2006

Week 5

Week 5 is almost over and I survived two tests and three simulator rides. The week was pretty grueling, but now we are going to see what flight training really is all about. Monday we are assigned to our flight rooms or our new homes for the remainder of our training. It is basically a classroom where me and thirteen other pilots will be if we are not flying. It is where we get instruction, briefs, etc., which is opposed to going to different classrooms throughout the day for classes. This is the time when you are required to be in the room or flying for twelve hours a day...basically it is the beginning of the "suck," as they so eloquently put it here.

I took advantage of the weekend, since it might be the last truly free weekend for a month or so. I went golfing at the base golf course this morning. There were a lot of bare spots, but for $12 for 18 holes, I am not going to complain.

I then went with some of my classmates out to our class sponsor's house. It was where I was shooting and swimming in a earlier posting. Well, more of the same with a few more pictures. And can you spot the Texan?

Pretty tough, huh? Nothing like guns, boots, and beer...that is why I stayed in the pool.

Then I came home to listen to the Bronco game over the web...and I really love listening to the babbling idiot (Paul J.) that calls the games! I want to throw my computer through the wall. I am learning that when announcing a game it is totally acceptable to interchange names, even some that haven't played in two years, and just guess at what is happening on the field. It would stand to reason that with a 50-50 chance of it either being a run or a pass that you would get the call right 50% of the time...NOT SO! I know you all have listened to the games on the radio, but have you really "listened" to what he and the other puppet say? He just said (listening while I type, that is why I am hopped up) that there was a fumble and then he said, "nope, that was a flag that the ref threw." I have heard more flip-flopping than political campaign. "It is a pass for a touchdown, no, it was a run for a loss."

Ok, that is all for now. I will post pictures of my new cowboy boots soon...JUST TRYING TO FIT IN DOWN HERE!

3 Comments:

At Sunday, September 24, 2006 9:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You want to do what with your computer? I think it should be throw and through. I'm glad spelling isn't a main part of flying or you could be in trouble.:)

 
At Sunday, September 24, 2006 9:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Opps...throw and NOT through

 
At Monday, September 25, 2006 12:04:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Passing all those tests, your mother couldn't be prouder!! Now the use of that crazy putty had nothing to do with me!! Would I ever in my right mind think the "brightest" of the "bright" would get such a kick out of some kids'toy!? It is certainly down the alley of the fifth grade boys in my class!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home