Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Snow in North Mexico

Businesses are closed, schools are closed, people making mad dashes to the local boutiques (such as Wal-Mart) to find scrapers all because it started to snow...er...ice crystal.

I guess we from the Arctic regions take it for granted, but people down here are freaking out. There are people everywhere with their cameras (I fit right in) taking pictures of this white stuff falling from the heavens. It really isn't snow, but that is like telling kids there is no Santa Claus.

I have seen people with hoses, buckets, newspapers, and scrapers all trying to get this frozen substance off their vehicles. I talked to my neighbor and he says he can't remember the last time it snowed in Del Rio...of course he was probably high, so there might be a reason he doesn't remember. However, this picture is just wrong.

Well, I am not going to complain for the extra day off. The only bad thing is everything else is closed. The streets are not slick, but no locals are not chancing it. I thought everyone was stopped for a fire truck or funeral procession, but then I took a closer look and found that the wheels were slightly turning and people were actually braving the "wet" roads. I just wanted to let everyone know the latest from North Mexico. See ya!

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 17, 2007 8:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, we Southern Californians must be like those folks down in Texas.... I had ice on my windshield on Monday morning and I had no clue how to get it off. It took me 15 minutes just to get a small hole melted off so I could see. Four miles from the Pacific Ocean and I'm scraping ice off my windshield...go figure. Fly high Little Brother!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home