Tuesday, January 02, 2007

What starts lost, ends lost!

This post will be a long one, but you are just going to have to deal with it...or you can go to the top right corner and click on the "X."

The break for me started how it ended...circling the porcelain! Apparently, United doesn't carry snow chains for their aircraft and didn't want to chance it in Denver before I got there, so things were very backed up. They always cancel the flights to the smaller towns, so of course Boise was on that list. When I got to Denver they had no clue when or how I was to get out. However, they put me up in the biggest room they could find with nice fluffy pillow and awesome food. See picture...yeah, I slept on the floor with a backpack for a pillow and ate vending machine food.
They told me I wouldn't get out until Christmas day. At that point I had a earnest talk with God and I ended up leaving on Saturday...what a answer to prayer. I ended up in Boise a little less than 24 hours later than I was suppose to, but my bags were six days later.

The time home was awesome. I got to see family, friends, and co-workers. I slept and ate, only to mix in shopping, watching football, and sledding. I took it real nice and easy. We spent Christmas Eve with Candi's family and then Christmas with my family. I got a lot of cool stuff, but I am sure you really don't care about my "#1 Dad" mugs and neckties.

I got a chance to stop by work and they all took went to lunch with me...ok, it was Vicki's Birthday and I tagged along.
Candi and I got bored of each other, so we went sledding to pass the time away. I got roll up sleds for 89 cents and we got our money's worth on that one. No, it was great to see my wife and I wish we could have spent more time together. I hear that some married couples even live together...but that might just be a rumor.

Oh, and I got to see my pooch. She has been keeping my chair warm for me while I have been away.

To bookend the whole trip, I had to go and lose my luggage again. AmericaWest wishes they could blame it on snow, but we went through Phoenix and there was no snow there...although, some people thought they saw some of the ice from h-e-double hockey stick, when it froze over after the Broncos beat Oklahoma there...GO BRONCOS! (Greatest game ever) Anyway, my bags couldn't read their boarding passes correctly and I returned to North Mexico without them. Luckily, I had some friends that were coming in later and they were able to pick up my bags that ended up making the journey to San Antonio on another flight.

This past work week was a short one with a couple of sims, one flight, and a bunch of weather classes. Weather is our last academic subject, although we will still have weekly tests on general flying procedures. We will have our weather test this week and it is the hardest test of all the academic courses. I guess we need to distinguish cumulus granite from the cumulus nimbus...one causes a lot more damage than the other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home