Saturday, January 27, 2007

Week...something..but six weeks from track select

Only six more weeks until we find out what types of aircraft we will fly...ok, us Guard guys/gals already know, but six weeks until Phase II is donesky. I took a week off from my duties of writing to you due to being cross-country last weekend, but since only four people say they read this (and one says it four times), I don't feel like I let too many people down.

The XC was ok, but the weather was bad so we had to stay in Texas. Texas is a big state, but I would have like to go to AZ or FL, but icing at higher levels kept us from going. That and it was so bad back here, we had to be within driving distance just in case we had to leave the jets somewhere and have a van ride back home. I got to go to a lot of new and different airports and fly their approaches right next to Southwest, so that was cool. However, we didn't get to buzz the Grand Canyon or other cool stuff that other studs got to do...but whatcha gonna do?

I bought a bike this week...yeah, don't ask me where I am going to keep it or when I am going to ride it, but I got a great deal. KTM 525 SX. Take a gander at her! The crate arrives via burro on Wednesday from Seattle, WA. Who would have guessed I would buy a KTM...or better yet who would have guessed I used up the fund for Candi to come see me? I can tell you Candi sure didn't guess it! Anyone know a good marriage counselor...that values good deals? I mean, I was putting the family's finances first, I would never buy something full price. You think I am that insensitive?
The class also had a party tonight back out at our sponsor's house, but me being old couldn't hang with those young whipper snappers. It was a good time and we had a huge fire, but even that couldn't lure me to spend the night...unlike two different stud(ent)s who brought their motor homes. They take this partying thing serious...at least they aren't drinking and driving. This particular motor home is the real life, no kidding, I am not pulling your leg, I wouldn't lie to you, no joke home of the aviator glasses wearing guy on top. He parks it at the RV park on base. The other one is an old clunker that many of the studs pass around and take it to Austin on the weekends so they don't have to pay for hotels. Oh and speaking of aviator glasses, four "tools" showed up wearing them to a non-Air Force sponsored event. I bet they would secretly like to be called Maverick or Goose, too! They probably have leather bomber jackets and ride their '89 Ninjas next to the runway. The last two sentences are only for those that have heard of a little movie called, Top Gun! If I had a dollar for every time I heard a quote from that stupid movie or heard the phrase, "Your dangerous" I would be able to afford that bike I just bought.

Of course it there was some craziness, but I had to include this picture below because my buddy Julio is in the background...I told you these chips are the best thing going. No this guy on the left didn't win a Super Bowl, gay Aggies and Falcons wear their class rings like it is cool. The only reason why I wish I had gone to Texas A&M or the Academy is so I could get some finger bling bling that would remind me that I really am smart enough to have graduated from a higher learning institution.

Well this upcoming week I should have my instrument checkride. Instruments has gone quick and I am only two sims (the final two of Phase II) and three rides away from checking. I am a bit nervous about this one because instruments either goes really well or really bad for me. I am either the man and the IP doesn't have to keep taking the controls or I have a bad case of helmet fire and the IP repeatedly asks me if I am conscious and reminds me of his family that he would like to see later on that night. Not a lot of happy mediums in my bag of tricks...but who cares...I GOT A DIRTBIKE! I might just skip the whole thing. I don't have any of my gear yet, but I could ride like a dirty. Jeans, flannel, and boots... the official uniform of a Del Rioan...I'm in! Peace to my peeps!

2 Comments:

At Sunday, January 28, 2007 9:35:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Careful Mr. Pliot Candi might just use her expense money to ship you all your belongings I'm sure she knows all your tricks by now.Grads
on the dirt bike.Hang in there!
Love DAD

 
At Sunday, January 28, 2007 7:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you need a wife there to keep you in line! If you have time to shop, you have entirely too much free time!! I have a feeling there will be new carpet in your house when you get home!
I need a class in Del Rioian language to understand your blog! Am I too old or just that I'm an Emmettite? Have a great week.
Love to you, Mother

 

Post a Comment

<< Home