Sunday, February 11, 2007

Four Weeks Left in Phase II

Well, I am on to formation flying now. It is the last and final block of training and it is also one of the coolest things to be 10 feet from another jet. I don't stay there for very long on my own right now...a few seconds before the IP takes control. Supposedly, by the another few rides I will be able to stay there a lot longer. It is also awesome to do what is called extended trail and it is basically trying to follow the leader. At the core it is basic fighter maneuvering, trying to find the right angle that will put you right behind them and in a good position to follow their next move. It gets crazy when you are inverted and trying to roll out and catch them. It is really a straight out of the movies kind of thing.
Other than that, that is about it on the flying side. Candi came down on Thursday and is leaving Monday morning. It was so awesome having her here, although it is only for a short time. I hope to have her with me longer next time...hopefully living with me. So if you wouldn't mind, pressure her to go live with her husband. Well, don't want to waste anymore of the precious time we have together...SEE YA!

Oh, and I got my bike. Ain't she a beaut?

4 Comments:

At Monday, February 12, 2007 12:57:00 PM, Blogger Brand-O said...

Nice shirt Luke...or is it Bo? You might outrun Enos and Rosco P. Coltrain on that bike, but you really have no cargo room for Shine. I guess you could use a backpack, but don't forget you will have your recurve bow and arrows with explosives attached to carry as well. Good luck. I'll meet you at Cooters garage when you get back from your run.

I'm gonna cuff ya an' stuff ya!

 
At Friday, February 16, 2007 9:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeremy,

You would think that one of your best friends from high school would actually check out your blog more often. However, I cannot get over typing "bronco" into the address. It is truley amazing what you have accomplished in a very short time period. Considering the first time you took me flying (at the Emmett airport in a tiny Cesna) you landed sideways. Obviously they have the best of the best instructors. Take care and good luck finding parts for the KTM. On a side note I would like to say hi to your mom, so Judene when you read this HI!!

Dylan

 
At Tuesday, February 20, 2007 10:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Dylan, good to hear from you. It's been a long time. And you said he landed sideways!! Good thing Mom doesn't know everything that has gone on in her son's life!! Between racing motorcyles and flying 10' feet from another plane upside down,I see no hope for a stress-free life in the near future.
When you're in Emmett, stop by the house or Carberry. That's where I live my life. Pretty exciting!! I can't believe that you or Jeremy didn't follow in the footsteps of your parents and become lucrative teachers!! You missed it big time!!
Would love to see you. Judene

 
At Tuesday, February 27, 2007 10:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Bro!! The countdown is now on! Had my first experience Texas a few weeks ago going out of Galveston on my cruise...I might just move there - everyone called me "Miss."

By the way, is that dirt bike what our tax dollars are funding?

Fly high little brother!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home