Thursday, February 22, 2007

Sorry, I have been slacking...

...actually, I have been so caught up in the Anna Nicole Smith drama that I haven't had time for much else. I quit pilot training just to keep up on dead people and their stuff. And thanks to my mother for making my site a "connections" web site. Mom, he is married and way too young! Maybe try what worked for the dead lady, give the old blue hairs a shot. If anyone knows of good men for a lady with the best/coolest/most beautiful/smartest son ever, hook her up.

So last weekend I went to Corpus Christi with some bros to check out some cribs...and they are cribs. They are just a slight bit better than the ghetto apartments, where just this week I was awakened at 1:00 AM to a drunken neighbor needing $5 or a ride to a girl's house so he could cheat on his wife. I love it here (huge lie), but those places where awesome.
The area is really pretty and different. Not that I am a little ball of hate, but it was nice to see white, non-military people. It was also different to have nice places to eat and things to do. We actually had more than the two choices here...Chili's or Crapplebees.

We spent most of the time trying to find a place. We all want to be on the water, but I still wanted some room for my dog, when my wife gets down here. (HINT, HINT) All the houses we looked at were on Padre Island, which is where most of all the studs live. The majority of the houses have canal/waterfront access or views. There is a little stud housing on base, but most studs live on the island for the experience, not to mention it is only for a short time. Besides, when the studs get their wings and live in the desert, they will want something nice to think about when they are sleeping on cots in tents...wait, we are in the Air Force, never mind. The places are nice, but I think we will just have to wait until we get there to make a final decision. Not to mention that our other roommate won't be decided upon until we know who is all going down to the carbon copy (CC...get it?) after track select on March 8. March 8 and we are doneski...can you believe it?
Formation is going alright. It is a lot harder than just trying to keep next to someone. It is about seeing angles while inverted and trying to anticipate what lead is going to do. I have to say when you are upside down chasing a jet 10,000 feet above the ground and seeing them then pull up and barrel roll over you, is pretty cool. It is hard and I hope is starts clicking soon. I got lucky at the beginning and did pretty well for my ability, but not wanting to change from what I am use to, I started sucking like a Hoover lately. I am improving and hopefully soon I will be able to stay 10' away while at 90 degrees of bank...as opposed to screaming like a young school girl and pulling away while the IP cusses and yells for me to "get back in there." I am only a couple of rides from my form solo, now that is scary.
I also got to ride my new bike for the first time, while paying my respects to dead presidents. One good thing about being in the military (or government jobs) is they take days off for everyone. I wish a few more famous people would kick the bucket...maybe in the future we will have a day for ANS...and I complain about how much attention she gets and I am just as guilty as the cable channel doing a story on whether or not the media was spending too much time on Anna Nicole Smith. Anyway, the bike was awesome and I can't wait to get more time to ride it. Unfortunately, they tell me I am here to fly, not ride.
Roswell wanted a shout out, so here you go buddy. "So are yall hungry?" That was all I heard from the Georgia peach all weekend. SEE YA!

2 Comments:

At Friday, February 23, 2007 10:46:00 AM, Blogger Brand-O said...

Yeah I almost quit my job to watch all the coverage on ANS.

 
At Monday, February 26, 2007 4:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeremy- I am glad I am not the only one sick of ANS and you can add Brittney Spears in there with her. Only a couple more rides and you are on your way to the next land- Hope you get something on the water- Keep up the news !! Vita

 

Post a Comment

<< Home