Sunday, December 16, 2007

Gettin' Ready for Christmas

Yes, "gettin"! The "g" is not used in suffixes here in the South. You think I am joking, but even their local TV stations drop the "g" in their programing titles.
Another week of sims and another week closer to Christmas break. I completed the graveyard shift this past week and tried to get back on track with my beauty sleep. I was feeling a little ugly lately because I wasn't getting max performance out of my beauty sleep...but after getting on track I found out it is genetic (if my mom is reading this, it's on my dad's side and if my dad is reading this, it's on my mom's side)!

I am getting ready for the end of course exam on Tuesday and the C-130 Emergency Procedure Evaluation on Wednesday. Basically, half of my initial qualification rests on this upcoming week's results. The instructors have prepared us well and I don't really feel scared going into this checkride.

When I haven't been in the sims I have spent some time getting to see the locals in holiday action around the community. Candi and I have been shopping so much that I can tell you the days that Kohl's gets new inventory. We were supposedly just looking and getting a few gifts, but Candi keeps buying new clothes for herself, although she does look really good in them.

Well, to be honest, it was me buying stuff...although, in my defense she did buy one shirt (above). Candi thinks I may have a slight shopping problem (I'm not gay, just blame my dad for leaving me to be raised by a shopping mother) since, after buying a pair of shoes I found that I have over 40 pairs of shoes and I have more clothes than her. I just like to think of it as my way of helping the Asian children in the sweat shops to have a little extra in their pocket over the holidays.

Other than shopping, there hasn't been a lot to do around here. It is probably because we aren't familiar with what inbreds do, but we are kind of bored since the weather turned cold and the outside activities aren't as appealing. We ordered the new Michael Vick safe dog activity starter kit and we have been hosting dog rodeos. We bet to see how long the stuffed referee can stay on...and I ask you who acts like an inbred now!

Well, there might be a slight break in the blog entries over the Christmas holidays, but I will try to keep it updated for those who do not get the highly distinguished pleasure of seeing me in the the flesh this Christmas...dry up the tears, there will be more holidays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home