Sunday, December 30, 2007

Home for Christmas

We made it home for Christmas without utilizing the airport as a hotel, which I did last year. We were late due to snow in Salt Lake City, but at least we made it and fulfilled thousands of Idahoans Christmas wishes.

We arrived to find snow in the foothills around Boise.
But we only had to wait a day or two for snow in the valley. We ended up with a white Christmas, which is a rare thing these years in Boise.

We spent a few days before Christmas with Candi's family and had Christmas there on Christmas Eve. It was a very enjoyable time with them, but even better since I got presents.

On Christmas Day we went to my grandparents and spent time with my family which was great because I got more presents...see a trend?

After all the gettin' of presents (the whole reason for Christmas!?) Candi and I both went to our respective workplaces, but she actually worked. I met a lot of people from my squadron and tried to get on a few flights. They were even going to let me fly a bit, but I was a bad luck charm. All three flights were cancelled due to the weather and maintenance. I got on the plane (below), but we never got off the ground. I am hoping to get on one last flight before I leave on the 2nd of January.

When I am not causing flights to be cancelled, I have been taking advantage of things that Arkansas cannot provide. I went snowboarding with my cousin at Bogus Basin Ski Resort (a ski hill just outside of Boise) and the conditions were pretty good for December.

I also went snowmobiling with some friends on West Mountain (near Tamarack Resort), about an hour and a half from Boise. I borrowed a friend's machine and had a great time. We had between three to four feet of fresh powder which was great for snowmobiling, but tough on a rookie like myself. It was the best conditions most said they had seen in years, but all I know is it made it so it didn't hurt when I fell off.
I was able to also attend the Boise State basketball game in which they beat the 20th ranked Mormon institution for higher learning, BYU. It was a great game and I haven't seen that many people at a BSU basketball game in years.

Well, that is about all the time I want to spend on this blog since I am seeing most of you while here in Idaho, but I didn't want to get too far behind since there is a lot going on these days. Candi and I are having a great time being home and we can't wait to get back...however, we have to go back to hillbilly land before that can happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home