Sunday, January 13, 2008

On To The Flightline

Good news, I passed another checkride. After coming back from the Christmas break, we had four flights in the sim and then an instrument checkride in the sim. The checkride was the final step before they let us go to the flightline for a few flights before completing our initial qualification. We have six flights (we will do two a day) just to feel how the real airplane lands, since that is the only thing that sim can't quite replicate exactly like real life. Once we do those flights, they give us a three landing checkride that will be the final step to our qualification. Then it will be on to Phase II and back to academics in the classroom for a month or so. Peaches my roommate has already had one ride, but I am still waiting for my first real flight. I am keeping my fingers crossed for the first part of this week.
I am a bit nervous that I will get behind my class because the Idaho Air Guard hasn't issued my orders for Phase II. It means that I don't have a firm date for my next class to start so if they have to sacrifice someone's schedule so others can make it through this phase, it will be me. There is one other student in my boat and they already made it clear to him that he wasn't a top priority for this reason. All I can do is hope and pray my squadron back home gets their act together soon.
When I was not in class or flying, I found time to golf and and do yard work this week. Not the norm for a guy from Idaho to be raking and doing yard work in the first part of January...not to mention playing golf. I labored to fill 24 large bags to the brim of leaves that had collected along our fence lines during the past fall and current wind storms.
It was a pretty low key week after the checkride, so no real good pictures to share. We dogsat again and if you like dog pictures, I could probably give you something, but other than that I got nothing for you that need pictures to keep your attent-i-o-n...oh, look at that butterfly, how pretty...oh, sorry...back to the the pictures, I don't have any for you.
Candi has been working a lot of hours and when not working she has been scrapbooking all of these blog entries and their pictures. In order to keep her with a hobby, I might start posting entries daily and including ten plus pictures in each of them. Until the next time when I can find some pictures, C-YA!

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 16, 2008 2:25:00 PM, Blogger Travis said...

Congrats on passing the sim checkride! I've had 1 sim checkride, and I didn't care for it. The sim just doesn't fly quite like the aircraft. Yours may be more accurate, being Air Force.

So you take only 6 flights on the real aircraft before your next checkride? Is this just to show your ability of basic acft control, and then learn more about loads, etc.?

I take my advanced instruments checkride tomorrow, and then will begin basic warfighting skills training - still in the TH-67 (Bell 206B JetRanger). Then finally moving on to a real Army aircraft!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home