Sunday, May 08, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

First of all, Happy Mother's Day to my mother, all other mothers, and to the first time mother in our family.  JJ started off Mother's Day by giving his mother a tooth, with a nice box of screaming.
We waited in bed for a very long time and were almost late for church, before we finally decided that JJ wasn't going to serve breakfast in bed to his mother. Even with her son being lazy and unthoughtful, I think Candi still likes the little guy anyway.
We also decided to take the opportunity to sweat a little while we waited the ten seconds for the timer to get a family photo.

We do have a little news on what is next in our lives.  I have been given the choices of (1) taking a legal route to try to get back into the A-10 program, (2) go back to being rated as a C-130 pilot, or (3) trying to get out of the Air Force all together.  I have to have my decision by Thursday.  If I fight it, which I don't think I will because I don't feel I have a strong enough case, then the hearing will be on the 17th.  If I get a waiver to go back to the C-130, then it could take months, but I might be able to come home right away since there is no need to be here while awaiting the necessary paperwork. We still haven't made up our minds on what our decision will be, since there are so many questions to be answered before we can.  However, the closer we get to making a decision, the closer we get to Idaho.
On to very important news, I spent the weekend looking at several different new Harley Davidson motorcycles and I am having my "Boise Buyer" hot on the trail of my next bike.  Now, we just have to hide and wait.
I have been going in each day and for the last week and a half, have been putting in respectable days work.  It is pretty boring administrative work, especially when the alternative is hurling projectiles at the ground from a flying machine.  Candi is still working and taking care of Jarrett.  She gets out occasionally to have coffee with women from church or with the wives from my old class.  It continues to be in the high 90s, so we bought us one of those things that high rollers have...a swimming pool.  Ok, we really bought it for the dogs, but I thought if I sat in it, then the old neighbor lady behind the block wall might let us use hers.  She offered to let us use it back in January, but now we need it.  She has lived there for five years and has only been in once, but she still pays to have it maintained.  I guess I will have to keep yelling to Candi, "I sure wish we knew someone with a pool" while our windows are open.  Well, that is about all from Tucson; maybe we will have some good news and guidance by next week's blog.  I would just like to say thank you to all those who read this, comment, or email.  I don't always respond, but I read all the comments and emails.  Thank you for caring!

2 Comments:

At Monday, May 09, 2011 10:45:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Decisions are hard many times. I just heard Charles Stanley, a TV Baptist preacher, say yesterday that one way you know you have made the right decision is that you will have peace in your heart. I will pray that it will be very clear for you.
We had a nice day at your mom's yesterday. I was invited even tho I am not a mom. That was nice. Lots of good food.
Needless to say, you, Candi and JJ were missed. We all got a chuckle out of the Mother's Day card you sent your mom.
So sentimental! (ha)
A. Betty

 
At Monday, May 09, 2011 4:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only a decision you can make and we know how carefully you are considering all of your options. No doubt, you will make the decision that is right for you and your family. And our support is behind whatever you choose!

Love you, Randy and Vita

 

Post a Comment

<< Home