Friday, March 16, 2007

Life's a beach

I finally upgraded my Air Force ticket to a populated, U.S. city…although now I am with the Navy. The Navy has it figured out with training by the beach and civilization. The Air Force is still looking for deserted areas to corral young people and teach them that small trees are better than big trees when they are in the air.

I used the express checkout line out of North Mexico and moved to Corpus Christi three days after track select. Speaking of track select, a big “hallelujah holla back” to 07-14 for making it this far. A big shout out to “my little ball of hate” for tracking to the pointy side of the house. Pointy means faster and Strube-y-doo has a need for speed. Most everyone else got what they expected and congrats on that. I was a little shocked to see that I got what I had known I was going to get for the last three years because this is the Air Force and nothing seems to go the way you think.

Back to the CC, Rosewell Atkinson the third (a.k.a. Jaime) and I hitched up the wagon and headed East. We stopped when we ran out of asphalt and found a crib. We had our prayers answered and found a place on the first day and moved in that very day. The house is a two-story pad on the water with three bedrooms and a two car garage. Two of the bedrooms are filled and we are hoping that “Hicky” Bill Walker the fifth moves in once he gets to the carbon copy. On that note I went golfing a week ago with four Bills and three of them were named Bill Walker…that is just cool and weird at the same time.

Here are some pics of the pad.


This is the living room that looks out over the deck and water.
Off our deck, looking across the waterway
Front of house...if you couldn't tellOff the deck, looking the other way

We probably won’t make MTV’s Cribs, but I think it is nice. It is over 2100 square feet and it is ON THE WATER. Jamie thinks it is a slight upgrade from the refurbished dormitory at Laughlin and I think that it i s cool that I speak the same language as my neighbors...beats the ghetto by a smidgen. Most all of the houses on the island (Padre Island) are on the water or close to some water. The island is mostly residential and most everything else is OTB (over the bridge). The everything else includes more than three places to eat and stores where you can buy clothing that has not already been worn . To top that all off for entertainment they have go-karts, putt-putt golf (I usually make it putt-putt-putt-cuss-kick it with my foot-putt golf), and this big long area with surging water.

I had a sensory overload and had to leave after three days. I am actually on my way back to pick up something I forgot in Boise…my wife. We will travel to the CC around the 1st of April. My training starts the middle of the month, but we are suppose to report in early and we want to get settled with a little time to spare.

I will keep you update on the breaking news as it unfolds, but now I off to see how my brackets are blowing up in college basketball’s March Madness. Thanks to all for the prayers and support and if you would, remember my roommate’s (Roswell) mother in your thoughts and prayers, she was diagnosed with colon cancer. Thanks! SEE YA

1 Comments:

At Sunday, April 01, 2007 9:31:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice crib!!! Maybe I'll actually come visit you now...

Congrats on finishing AND passing!!! Glad to hear the donkeys are sleeping now!

Keep flying high, Lil Bro!!!

Love ya - your sis in Cali.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home