Sunday, April 15, 2007

Beginning Life in Corpus Christi

We have started getting things in place and in the mean time, spent a small fortune getting settled into our new house. I never knew that you could spend your entire retirement fund on a flippin' mattress (literally, you flip it) and wood to hold your clothes. I figured at the price tag of these pieces that they would be made of gold, but apparently wood down here is pretty precious because they charge an arm and leg for it. Well, enough of my complaining, but at least I don't have to sleep on the floor any more or go through piles of clothes to find my Speedo for going to the beach...and you think I am joking...read the entire blog. Below is a picture of the new bed, dresser, and chest of drawers.

With daily stops to Wal-Mart and Lowe's, we have bought enough shelves to start a shelving company. We have heavy duty, plastic, wood, and metal shelves and not a one of them match, but we are slowing getting things off the floor and now they are two feet above the floor...funny how a few feet can make you look organized.

Each morning I have to report in so some Navy dude can check me off a list and then I go to the gym. After that, I go home and have the rest of the day to go to Wal-Mart, Lowe's, and the beach. The beach is really nice and I would like to invite you all down to come and swim and work on your tan...where ever your tan line may be...
Wow, that even took courage for me...not a lot of people wear water wings at the beach.

Candi and I have done a lot of sight seeing and getting around the area to see where things are located. We went to the Texas State Aquarium, among other activities to keep us from getting bored. I had to work an airshow this weekend and got to see the Blue Angels, along with other cool aircraft. I got the opportunity to say "hi" to the Blue Angel pilots and I think they were impressed that I had all 103 hours in a T-6 (not to mention 72 hours in a Cessna 152), although they didn't really show it. The little bit of training that I have completed sure gives you a greater appreciation for the things the performing pilots are accomplishing during the show.
Other than that, I haven't really done a whole lot this last week. I am trying to take it easy since I start classes this Friday. I guess I will have to start focusing on school work instead of beach babes, but at least school work won't get me slapped. One last piece of exciting news, Hicky Bill bought us a 42" flatscreen LCD TV...what a good roommate. C-YA

p.s. For the interested party, the reason the roommate looks devilish is because he forgot to put on sun block at the beach. The above picture shows this. You also might picture a southern accent, but it might be a "special person" accent...see the below picture. He is the one on the left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home