Sunday, May 15, 2011

Starting to Make Some Progress on Going Home

We aren't packing yet, but at least we are thinking about it.  I signed a waiver this past week, which in a nutshell asked to be remove from the A-10 course so that I wouldn't have to face a board to determine my future.  It was what I felt the right thing to do was, but I wanted to make sure the guys back home in the 190th FS were on board.  They confirmed that what I was thinking was probably the best choice and now it has to get approved all the way up to the top.  The process to get all the signatures here and back East could take a long time.  However, everyone said that I should be able to move home while this process was running its course.  So I did a quick ops test and asked to go home...well, it wasn't that easy.  They have to get approval from everyone who has to sign this packet, so it could take a long time as well.  Although, they approved the orginal request to "leave", but what they approved was that we could go home on vacation.  It was cleared up and re-asked that by "leave" we meant gone for good.  Hopefully we will get an answer as quick as we got the one for vacation.  Only time will tell!

In other exciting news, my email got hacked and it sent a lot of graphic and inappropriate links to a lot of unsuspecting people, like my Air Force bosses and elderly church folk.  Ironically, the first response was from the latter and I believe the link was actually opened.  OOPS!  Sorry for all of those who got these wonderful emails and there is no need to open the links.  However, if you were going to pay money for some pills, enhancement equipment, or send money to a poor African prince, please skip all the unnecassary steps and just send me money and get nothing in return.

Candi is doing well and is getting some last minute or last days or last months shopping in and is going to make here first trip to IKEA this Tuesday with some of her friends, up in Phoenix.  I am figuring out ways to strap a car seat into a golf cart, since I took the day off to stay with Jarrett and give Candi some "girl time."  I will try to teach JJ golf, but I am a little concerned he is going to be an "open mouther!" 
When I try to teach him, he just sits there, stares, and leaves his mouth open!  Before you say it, he didn't learn it from observing his father...I don't stare.  Jarrett continues to grow and is eating baby food now, and we are even introducing dog bones...

...and before you judge me, it was Candi's turn to watch him. I would never neglect my duties of watching him! I learned that lesson when he fell off the couch on my watch.  Well, I might not have learned it on that one, but when he fell off the bed, I started to take notice.  However, I think what really drove it home was when I was checking out at the grocery store when I realized JJ was still in his car seat in the car. In my defense, I was in the express line, so I wasn't there for a long time. Anyway, I have learned to watch him when it is my turn!

As I mentioned, I am taking time off next week to watch JJ, but I am also taking off a couple more days so that Candi and I can get some of the sightseeing done before we leave.  We are planning on going to the National Knitting Museum and a few other must sees in the Tucson area.  I will let you know how they turn out!

2 Comments:

At Sunday, May 15, 2011 10:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love those pictures!! Wow, is he growing! Hope your departure plans gel up fast. It will be great to see you. Please bring some warm weather home with you!
A. Betty

 
At Tuesday, May 17, 2011 9:12:00 AM, Blogger Drowner Pro said...

Hey, I just caught up on the last 6 weeks. I'm sorry you're not going to live out your first (or second or whatever it was) dream! I guarantee God has plans, but it's a little harder to believe that from your perspective. Hope things work out well and you can move home soon - and maybe fly some C-130s again. Every time I catch a ride in one, I think of you - and get all teary-eyed! For some reasons, the pilots don't let me fly it even though I know someone who's a C130 pilot - they say it doesn't matter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home