Sunday, April 29, 2007

First Week of Phase III Down

The first full week of Phase III was pretty standard for an Air Force person! We were forced to wake the chickens and burn the midnight oil. The Navy invites you to the classroom around 9:00AM (I mean around, too. They just kind of suggest a time and everybody gets there when they can...including the teacher.) just to make you sit for a grueling two hours before letting you go for an hour to hour and a half lunch. Then they make you come back for another hour or two before letting you go for the day. I think I was at the beach everyday before 3:00PM last week and that is not an exaggeration.

I have been enjoying the life because this week we start the new material and it should take a bit more time and studying. We will start simulators in a couple of weeks and it should get more backed up and the free time reduced.

The weather here has been pretty good. It has been in the 70s or 80s every day. It seems to be partly cloudy for a few days, then real cloudy with bad weather and rain for a day, and then clear up for several days. The bad weather and the season has led to a lot of sea weed on the beaches, but we don't let that huge downer keep us from working on our tan. We have never been this tan before the end of July, not to mention the end of April.

Candi has been hard at finding a job. She makes the Navy look like busy bodies. She wakes up in time to catch the noon news and then looks online for jobs until about 12:15 and the goes and lays out until I get home and we can go to the beach. Just joking, she has been a little more ambitious about not being such a deadbeat, but the burden of being the sole bread winner can some times be almost more than I can bear!
Actually, she turned in an application to a veterinarian clinic on base to be an office assistant. I think she could just be a zoo keeper here on our bed, but she is looking to get out of the house. We will see what becomes of that, but I think this week will be a little more on the serious side when it comes to looking for a J-O-B. Although, it has been nice coming home to a clean house, with the laundry done, and meals ready...come to think of it...I hope she doesn't get a J-O-B. It has been very nice and she really has done a lot the last week.

Well, I have to study for a test, so I will write more when there is some more news. I am giving you a break from those obscene pictures of me...I really do apologize...but on the bright side Victor's Secrets has asked me to model for them if this pilot thing doesn't work out.

1 Comments:

At Saturday, May 05, 2007 1:29:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There...are you happy? Somebody finally left you a comment!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home