Sunday, May 13, 2007

Ground School Over

The past week marked the end of my ground school here at Corpus. There will still be a lot of learning and tests, but the main part of sitting in a room and trying to remain awake, is over. I will miss the "be done before 1430" attitude, but I can't complain too much...after all, rumor has it I am here for something other than working on my tan.

Here is a picture for my hard working friends at Laughlin AFB! The picture shows just how dedicated we second lieutenants are during the work day at 1500. Happy Phase III to you! Well, you guys get to go faster, so it all evens out.
Candi followed suit with my hard work week by putting in ten hours of her own. I think she needs a vacation from the rat race of work. The poor girl looks like she has worked herself to death. She is finding it hard to work when I come home and tell her she has fifteen minutes to get ready to go to the beach. The past week has been absolutely beautiful with Saturday and today (Sunday) being the nicest days since we have been in Corpus. It has been high 80's, low humidity, a slight breeze, and no clouds in the sky. We spent Saturday night at the beach with a bunch of wanna-be pilots from Laughlin and Corpus around a bonfire...very nice.

Saturday morning I got up early and went dirt bike riding at a new track I had heard about. It had rained during the night (although the day before and after were awesome) and I knew that the track would be in excellent condition. It was and the track was pretty decent for Corpus, although if I can do all the jumps by the third moto, it can't be that difficult of a track. I had a good time and met a few cool dudes that showed me the ropes. We had the track all to ourselves and it only cost $5...what a deal!
Well, that is about all from the Carbon Copy. It was a good week and we learned that Zoe loves the canal. We also found out that we can harness our boogie boards (like small surfboards) to her and she literally will pull us all around. She even pulled two of us for awhile. It is kind of like the Iditarod for the warm blooded type. Yeah, we probably can't get more lazy.

I will leave you with a couple of pictures that Candi took this past week from our deck. I would like to wish my mom and all the other mothers out there a Happy Mother's Day. I know my mom deserves it. I haven't always been the perfect angel that you all think I am. Until then, C-YA!


P.S. Here is a shirt I got...pretty ironic that I have a cleaning utensil in my hands when the picture was taken. Don't tell anyone, but I put the broom back after the picture and never used it. I couldn't find the power on/off switch, so I gave up.

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, May 22, 2007 9:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are far too many pictures of you and your buddies leisurely hitting the track, or leisurely spashing around in the surf!! I, for one, am demanding an accounting of how my tax dollars are being spent!!

Love ya,
Your sis in Cali

 

Post a Comment

<< Home