Sunday, May 06, 2007

Week 2 and I spoke too soon

I am glad that I jinxed myself by saying that it was easy and all...I had to study this week. As usual, I open my mouth and life makes me pay for it. I had to study and really get prepared for the classes and tests this past week. I had to dig up old study habits and put them to work. The Navy isn't so concerned that you know the material, as they are that you know how to figure out what they are asking on their tests. They put in double and triple negatives to see if you can't not never figure nothing out. I am more proud of myself for figuring out what they were trying to say, than actually knowing the answer. I have done alright so far, but it only gets harder and my roommate seems to miss one or two less than me on each test, which he constantly reminds me of the fact. The academics are subjects like weather, flight rules, aerodynamics, and systems. You would think that having just one more engine would just be double the systems, but there seems to me more than that.

But enough about me...lets talk about you! So what do you think about me? Just kidding, but lets talk about my better half. After weeks of searching the area high and low for job opportunities...I mean searching the beaches during high and low tides...she finally has a J-O-B. She narrowly beat out five other highly qualified applicants to be the next cashier at the local Chevron. It was a competitive process, but the manager said that the fact that she checked the box of "holding a job for more than four months...at one time," made her a shoe-in.

Actually, prayers where answered when Candi's old work, the Ada County Sheriff's Office, offered her a temporary job doing some of the exact things (minus the sleeping at her desk) she did while she was there. It means that she won't have to settle for the Chevron job that was a real cush job at seven dollars an hour. The wages are lower here, even though the cost of living is higher...go figure. Anyway, she will be able to work from home and be flexible with my schedule. We are really jacked for this opportunity and thrilled that she will be finally bringing in her part of the bread.

This weekend we went to the Corpus Christi Lake to see if I could con someone into taking me wakeboarding, but we were a little disappointed. The lake isn't very commercialized and there wasn't even a marina. I guess I will just have to settle for one of my roommates to buy a boat or my relatives to bring their boat down here. I live such a deprived life, I know. Here are some pictures of the beautiful refinery landscape on the way to the lake, the lake, and an old pavilion at the lake. Enjoy and thank you to the anonymous for making me feel like at least one person reads my blog...I appreciate all of your zero comments and e-mails...you know if you don't want people to read your comments, you can e-mail me by using the address that is at the top of this page (SO QUIT USING THAT AS AN EXCUSE EVERYONE).

2 Comments:

At Sunday, May 06, 2007 4:08:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well my man. I am really sorry that I was unable to make it down this weekend. I will be there soon though. If you didn't know it is me who always reads your blog. I just like to see what crazy adventures you are up to and make sure you are doing alright. I have been toying with the notion of starting a blog but I don't think I have the motivation to do it more than once. Good luck on your tests and I will talk to you later buddy.
John

 
At Monday, May 07, 2007 12:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, it was no problem posting a comment a making you fill worthwhile. Oh yeah, I still think I'm +4 in the test taking department. C-YA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home