Sunday, May 20, 2007

CPT (Cockpit Trainer) Week

I had a CPT/sim each day this past week and I have the final one more tomorrow. They are used to get a feel for where everything is, how to start the engines, set up the equipment, and teach us the basics of how to fly with both or just one engine. The sims themselves aren't too terribly hard because the instructors really work with you, but the briefs before are the brutal portions. The brief is where the instructors grill you on certain systems or procedures and you have to know everything about the topics. We are given a list of the items, but I found out that they really go in depth on every aspect. The Navy system is a bit different than the Air Force one, but I am starting to get use to it. Apparently, the Navy expects you to study and know what is going on all by yourself unlike the USAF that holds your hand through it all. We should start flying this week or the first of next week...after we get back from Memorial Day.

Other than that, the week was pretty much filled with studying for me. Candi is enjoying having something to do during the week. She thinks she has a nice office...
...I guess I would have to agree. Not only does she get to overlook the water, but she has friends stopping by to chit-chat and keep the dog alert. Notice the dog's head on the right side of the picture, having a stare-down with the crane next door (below).
Zoe (the pooch) has developed a limp and for that we had to take her to the vet. The vet thinks she stepped on something and it got infected. Luckily, there are plenty of people in this house to pamper the already over babied dog. At least someone likes Peaches (Jamie, our token Georgia resident).

Well, I am pretty disappointed in all of you for the lack of comments or e-mails the past few weeks. It is pretty sad when I have to pay my roommates to leave messages so it looks like I have friends.

3 Comments:

At Sunday, May 20, 2007 10:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well "Sweet Tater" I'm leaving you a message - I want my money by Friday! I may let pooches rest her head on my foot, but I least I don't carry her up and down the steps. That's just demeaning!

 
At Monday, May 21, 2007 9:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to burst your balloon, but I don't think you're getting near the sympathy you got before your wife joined you. I'm afraid your friends may think you just need to suck it up and join the real world!! Now, your mother, of course, still feels sorry for you, will wipe your tears, and let you know you are still very important to her. Give Candi my love, she has a big job, keeping you in line!
Love, Your mother

 
At Tuesday, May 22, 2007 7:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey-
This is Travis Plummer - remember me from 25 years ago? Susette Hoffpauir gave me your blog site. I read a few archived blogs, and the most recent ones. Sounds like you're having a blast learning to fly!

I'm at Ft Rucker, Home of Army Aviation, to learn to fly rotary wing. I was appointed as a Warrant Officer last month, and have Dunker in a couple weeks and then SERE the last 3 weeks of June.

I'll begin flight school in August.

I'd invite you to read my blog, but I don't like guys wearing speedos reading about my life. Just kidding - I don't have a blog, although it's a good way to communicate with friends. I may have to start one sometime/somewhere.

You may e-mail me at travis.l.plummer@us.army.mil. Have a good one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home