Saturday, June 30, 2007

A Week Filled With Flying...er...Sleeping

The past week was very slow and lazy, mostly because I was sick. I don't know if it was that I was sick to my stomach at the realization that nobody commented on my blog or sent me an e-mail or what...but I haven't felt well for a few days. Actually, I had a few sims at the first of the week, then a night flight Wednesday. After the repeated ups and downs of the takeoffs and landings, my head felt like it was going to explode. I had a lot of pressure in my head and behind my ears. I cancelled a flight on Thursday and went to the flight doc on Friday morning. I found out that I had a viral infection in my sinus cavities. I spent all day Wednesday in bed (before the flight), Thursday in bed (until I woke up to cancel), and Friday in bed. I am writing this a day earlier than usual because I am bored and about to go insane. I have never spent this much time in bed in my life. Luckily, I am one of the furthest ahead in my class, so it isn't going to hamper my progress towards getting done. I am close to two weeks ahead of some of my classmates. Here is a summary of what I did this past week:
Candi has been even more pampering than normal (I am sure she didn't think it could get worse) and I really appreciate it. The sponge baths are nice and feeding me grapes while fanning me with peacock feathers, really can't be beat. I think if she wasn't here I would probably have spent the last three days in the fetal position.

Other than that, not a lot to report. Peaches, one of my roommates, had another week of doing one or two events. At this rate, he may graduate next year some time.
Candi's mother, Vita, had here first treatment of chemotherapy Friday and we wish her the best. I guess my viral infection isn't quite as bad as I think. Randy and Vita are also moving into their new house this coming week and we are so excited for them.

7 Comments:

At Saturday, June 30, 2007 1:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boo Hoo, so little Tater has the sniffles. Here, you can have my hanky. While some people have been laying around in bed all week, others have been dealing with real aircraft emergencies on their first solo. If you can persuade Candi to dress you one more time, my "Heroes Welcome" is tomorrow afternoon.

P.S. - Peaches taste betteer than potatoes!

 
At Sunday, July 01, 2007 8:12:00 PM, Blogger Travis said...

Your sickly week doesn't sound quite as fun-filled as your flying weeks. Hmmm . . . wonder why.

I finished up SERE - great stuff! One BS course during July, then starting flight school in August. Good times a comin' . . . .

 
At Sunday, July 01, 2007 9:49:00 PM, Blogger Brand-O said...

Hey we are BBQing tonight. You can get here in just a couple hours in one of those flying contraption thingys right? Oh and don't forget your speedo!

 
At Sunday, July 01, 2007 9:50:00 PM, Blogger Brand-O said...

Yeah right...I bet you were really sick. Didn't I see you on the news standing in line for an iPhone on Friday. Mmmmhmmm.

 
At Sunday, July 01, 2007 10:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BULLDOGS: 33
shetland ponies: 28

 
At Tuesday, July 03, 2007 12:46:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, all you had to do was tell the world you were sick and look at all the comments! With a wife like that, who needs a mother??? Sorry you were sick. Hope you're feeling better. With this run of sympathy, I'm sure you're up and going! Love, Mother

 
At Thursday, July 05, 2007 2:54:00 AM, Blogger Brand-O said...

Speaking of comments...thanks for never commenting on my blog!

For those of you loyal readers of Sandy err...Jeremys blog, hop on over to mine at http://huffaloha.blogspot.com I'll never cry about comments! Only problem is I rarely write. Well like twice a month if the world is lucky. Oh and I only cry about never getting comments when I post long rambling 'comments' on other peoples blogs.

Later bra!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home