Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Home At Last

It has been a while since I last posted, but I have a good excuse.  We were busy moving home.  All went as planned with my mother flying down and riding with Candi, Jarrett, and all the animals, while I followed in the U-Haul behind.  We got to see many cool sights on the way home, like the Grand Canyon.
This little number set us back a bit.  Two blown tires made us stop and then we found that one of the front ones had huge bubbles on the sidewalls.  We are very thankful that all this happened just two miles outside a town.
Once we were back on the road we hit up Bryce Canyon, which was very unique and cool.
However, of all the sites we saw, this was the best...HOME!
We frantically unpacked once we arrived on Thursday afternoon and got things set up so that Candi could go back to work that next Monday.  I followed and went back to the Guard on Wednesday.  Both of us are back to full time work, although I don't know if you consider what I am doing as work.  I am supposed to be helping out in scheduling, but so far it has been a lot of little jobs to include cleaning out a fridge and giving 11 tours to different students and VIPs.  I am not complaining because I am getting paid, not to mention they are letting me take vacation for a few weeks so I can go with friends on a motorcycle trip up through Canada for a week.

I will be working out at the Guard until all my paperwork is finalized and then it is time to figure out what I am going to do when I grow up.  I will then go back to work at MTI and decide if I am going to still fly.  I am still unsure of what my decision will be, but right now we have enough stuff going on with trying to get settled back into a routine.

JJ is doing great and is loving his new home.  He has a crib now and feels like he is pretty high society.  Candi's mother watches him two days a week, with my mom watching once a week, and a family friend picking up the other two days.  Candi would eventually like to move to a part-time position so she could spend more time with the little guy, but we will have to see what works out.

Now that we are home, most of you can come see us and find out the latest news so I will be updating and posting to this blog a lot less frequent.  You can still see pictures of JJ at Candi's website https://picasaweb.google.com/candijeremyp or you can find us on Facebook or reach us with email.  I really appreciate everyone who reads this and thanks to those who post comments.  I have found that quite a few people read this and I am glad we could share our experiences with you and in turn you could keep us in your thoughts and prayers while we were away.  Until the next one, see ya!

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, July 20, 2011 10:09:00 AM, Blogger Sandy Plummer said...

I always enjoy reading your blog and seeing your pics. Glad you're back home - finally.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home